Chapter 46

Amara eyes slowly blinked open she was chained to a wall, a couple feet away from her she saw Bruce in his underwear attached to some machine. "Yay we found Bruce" she rolled her eyes. She observed him he was extremely pale and his eyes were sunken in as if he hadn't slept for weeks, his eyes stared straight void of any emotion. They really did a number on this guy.

In the center of the room Damian hung upside down in a straitjacket. Some guy with a weird top hat stuck a couple of wires to Damian's forehead.

"What the hell are you doing? Where's Amara?" Damian demanded, as if he'd get answers as the wannabe mad hatter started to attach things to a computer.

"I'm here" Amara called out from her place on the wall. "What are you doing with him?"

"Unfortunately, I have no more choice in this than you do" the wannabe hatter told us before the big guy who attacked us entered the room.

How does Damian not have a head rush yet?

"Who are you?" Amara called out, he turned around pulling off his mask, "I'm you Damian, all grown up"

"You're not me. You can't be" Damian scoffed, "well.. have you met your mother?" Amara snorted, "she is definitely capable of doing something like this"

Older Damian turned to face her "Right as always my love" Amara grimaced at him.

"I'm a product the product of a program that your... our grandfather initiated. He wanted to create the perfect soldier, they used your dna and put it through a process of accelerated growth" with each word the feeling of shock and despise grew deeper into their faces. "Most of the prototypes died quickly but I was the strongest of them all, still I was an empty shell til Mr Tetch here brought me to full consciousness, as good as a job he did there's always been something missing, a void and I'm going to fill that void... with you" he pulled Damian closer by the neck.

"Everything in there is going in here" he told him pointing between their heads. "You, brother will provide me with a soul" Amara stood up finally free of her binds.

"Yeah I'm not gonna let that happen" Amara grinned twirling her blades in her hands. "When his memories come to me, I'll be able to love you in ways he never could.. I would never hurt you Mari.." Amara grimaced once again "that's sweet and all but.. I'm not in to pedophilia" with that she sprung forward to attack.

"I just don't understand why she just doesn't grow another one of you she has a freezer full" Tetch grumbled putting the wires back onto Damian's forehead.

Amara sliced at older Damian but the wounds barely hurt him, she punched and managed to get him to the ground mainly because he wasn't fighting back.

"Fight back! For fucks sake!"

"Are you insane?" Everyone turned at the sound of Thalias voice. "Mother"
"Thalia" Damian and Amara acknowledged at the same time.

Thalia ignored the two walking up to older Damian and slapping him on his face.

"How dare you?" She turned to Tetch "it wasn't my fault this lunatic said he'd kill me if I didn't" he tried to defend, "you'll suffer for this" she glared at older Damian.

"My whole life has been suffering! Tell me, what is a man without memories? I want to know you and love you, as he does" he yelled pointing at Damian "I want to feel you in my heart, in my blood, I want to love someone as he does to her" he pointed at me, he fell to his knees pleading "I've always served you without question. I've never asked anything of you" he hugged Thalia "please, let me have this." Amara felt a small wave of sympathy for the guy, all he wanted was to feel and you can't really do that without any memories.

"You poor tormented creature, how could I have not felt the depths of your pain? How could a mother have left her child so alone... in the dark" she couldn't possibly be considering letting him do this could she?

With a blink of a second, a gunshot sounded through the room and with it, the body of Damian's clone brother dropped dead.

"How could you just kill him?!" Amara yelled, "he was flawed.." Thalia justified, "what about me, am I flawed, too?" Damian glared.

"Remove all memories of this incident and then make other necessary adjustments."

"The mind machine.." Amara muttered starting to put the pieces together, "adjustments?" Damian questioned, "you have no use to me like this, recalcitrant, emotional. Your fathers influence no doubt. Onyx get this trash out of here" Thalia turned to me, "now as for you.." Amara stood up straighter prepared to fight.

"If you think for a second I'm gonna let you do to him whatever you did to Bruce then you have another thing coming" she charged at Thalia who pulled out her katana, of course mother like son.

The two battled it out, "this is for having a stupid son" she slashed Thalias arm. "Who can't fucking decide his feelings!" She groaned when Thalia cut her cheek.

She hoped she could fight her off long enough for the others to find them. She could faintly hear the commotion outside, a big guy with tusks at the corner of his mouth barged in, momentarily distracting me enough for Thalia to cut into my side.

Amara cried out in pain as blood started to trail down her side. "My suit.." she whined, stepping back and dodging the kick Thalia sent.

"It's the bats, six of them" Amara grinned on her knees cradling her side, blood slipping out from her mouth and down her chin, "six? We retreat."

"Why?"

"The compound is expendable, we have more urgent matters to attend to, come" the group of them left as Damian started to untie himself. He dropped down to the ground to check on Amara, "are you okay?"

"Peachy" hissed, "I'm not the one with the concussion" Damian smirked "I think the elixir is finally taking its effect, where is it?" Amara shook her head "It's in the cave" She took Damian's hand and helped herself up, the two turned to Bruce and slowly unhooked him from the machine.

"We need to get you help you're going to bleed out" Amara slapped his hand away pulling out some fabric from her belt and tying it around her wound as tight as she could ignoring Damian's questioning looks. "What? Did you think I'd rip my own cape? This stuff takes time to replace, now stop whining I'll be fine" she told him barely catching Bruce as his full weight dropped onto them.

Damian and Amara grunted as they lifted him up, "it's me it's your son" Damian told him "and me the girl you disowned" Amara grinned finding this hilarious.

"Come on, father." The two tried lifting him up but he fell back laying against the wall, Amara slapped him. "Get up old man!"

"We need you"

Amara punched him once more, then motioned for Damian to do the same, Damian pulled back ready to swing but just as he was about to make contact with his face Bruce caught his fist.

"About time you woke up"