Chapter 73

Amaras nerves seemed to calm the further she got away from her apartment, yes it was rude of her to suddenly leave but had she stayed any longer her powers would have started to come out and the last thing she needs was her father putting an inhibitor collar on her not that he would. She wasn't even sure if it would work since they deal with meta humans and she was part goddess.

Her brain hurt just thinking about it she didn't even want to imagine what situation she had left them in.

"If I come back too soon I'll still be there for all the rif raff and if I take too long I might have a heart attack trying to figure out what's happening. How do I lose in every situation?" She groaned to the cashier who just shrugged not actually listening to anything she said. "ma'am you're holding up the line" Amara turned around to see no one behind her.

"But there's-"

"I said you're holding up the line please exit the store" Amara grumbled walking out. "So much for getting advice".

Her phone began to buzz in her pocket on the way home.

A text from Damian.

Habibiti how long until you're home?

Amara bit her lip as she turned the corner.

I'm on my way back 😣

A couple of seconds later another message came through.

You're father wants to talk to you

Amara froze glaring at her phone. Is this it? Is he gonna kick her out? Would he be mad that she lied? If it were up to Bruce he'd never had found out - could she potentially blame all this on him?

——————
After Amara left...
Damian watched as Amara quickly left the apartment after blurting everything to her father. He stood still for a few moments before turning to Bruce who cleared his throat.

"Jim I consider us good friends and I'm hoping we can work out a way around this." Bruce told him silently praying he didn't do anything.

"Work around this? I've been involved in all this ever since I got Amara 4 years ago!" Everyone looked at him shocked.

"Wait you knew?" Jason questioned him.

"I'm the fricking commissioner of course I knew!" He yelled out in frustration. The amount of heart attacks his girls have given him he had to learn how to process things quickly.

"I've always known, Nadia left me when Amara was born because it wasn't safe, not for Amara but for me and Barbara"everyone looked confused as he began to explain.

"I loved my family but Nadia had some enemies constantly after her - your mother being the most prominent" he turned to Damian who looked away her death was like a dull pain, it didn't bother him but he could still feel it slightly.

"To keep them from coming after Barbara she decided to go back to the mountains. I'm saying mountains but you know that I mean with that cult organization" everyone nodded in agreement except Damian and Evan who muttered "not a cult".

"You've known about Amara this whole time?" Barbara asked him wondering why he hasn't said anything.

"It would have been too dangerous for Nadi to contact me so over the years I'd been getting updates from Lady Shiva" Damian raised his eyebrows in surprise that lady shiva had done such a thing behind Ras back. He smiled when Hibah started to play with his hair.