Chapter 58

Evan skipped from rooftop to rooftop, "I really hope no assassins come and get me!" He drawled out bored.

"Is this really the plan?" Dick questioned from inside the van. "The attack on WE was targeted and not by a random person who's been screwed over or an old business partner who wanted revenge, no this is league level targeting" Amara told him for the 4th time. "That and I saw a group of ninja looking people a couple blocks away" Barbara rolled her eyes tired, she decided she was going to get herself added to the Bahamas trip.

"How much longer.." Tim groaned over the phone, he had the luxury of laying on the beach whilst the four of them were cramped into a van watching the bait try and fail in getting kidnapped. How come when you try you never get what you want?

I mean you walk down the street at night you'll have about 25% chance of being kidnapped living in Gotham, 25% chance of being stabbed and around 25% of being mugged with a 25% of being all three.

"Where's Damian?" Amara turned around noticing the empty seat beside her, when did he go?

"Ian what are you doing?"

"I have people wanting to kill me too, two birds one stone it'll be harder to ignore" Damian told him eyeing the area he was hoping they could wrap this up, he still had an art project due tomorrow.

"Are you seriously trying to outdo me in a wanted contest? Because I'd totally w-" A bullet landed in Evans shoulder. "I should have seen that coming" Damian muttered to himself getting down and applying pressure to his wound. "We've been hit" he spoke into his comms, his green eyes trying to locate the sniper.

"There" his eyes landed on the marksman a couple blocks away. Just as he turned around he held his hand up catching the fist heading his way.

"Damian" the familiar voice of his aunt greeted him. "Nyssa". The two began to battle it out neither of them really trying to hurt one another, they were the only blood relative they had left.

Amara was instantly by his side pushing Nyssa back, "Amara" Nyssa's brown eyes narrowed at the girl.

"Hey how you doing?" Amara asked slightly breathless from her scale up the building. Nyssa smirked running forward and throwing a punch, Amara narrowly dodged in time to catch the kick and pulled her over her shoulder. Nyssa growled charging again, Damian intercepted catching the fist allowing Amara the chance to lay a hit on her.

The two began to overpower Nyssa bouncing off one another, blow by blow. They always were the best partners silently predicting the others next move and being ready to make their countermove they worked like a well oiled machine. That all ended when Amara groaned at the sharp prick in her neck.

"Vanny.. what are you doing?" She questioned him her blood dripping off the needle he harshly stabbed into her neck.

"If it isn't obvious I'm betraying you"

"Bitch" Damian cursed in Arabic charging for him. "What is wrong with you? You're helping your killer! She murdered you!" Damian yelled literally starting to smack sense into him, hoping he'd snap out of whatever mind control he was under. Amara's body was burning as if it was on fire, she tried to fight through the pain punching him repeatedly until her knuckles were bloody and raw.

Nyssa knew she had to get rid of one of them if she wanted a chance to do what she came here to do, so with that thought in mind she pushed her nephew off the building.

Amara watched in shock as she heard Damian yell as he fell from multiple feet in the air, she ran over to the side watching him slam onto the roof of the van. He groaned in pain as Barbara and Dick ran out to check on him.

Amara looked at Nyssa with a newfound rage, the nerve of her to hurt Damian in front of her. She charged at Nyssa this time not holding back, if she killed her it would only be showing mercy, she deserved to pay for even the slightest pain she inflicted on the love of her life. Even with her body in agonizing pain she couldn't hide the malicious look on her face as she pulled out her dagger and started to slash at Nyssa. The blood on her skin didn't send even the slightest bit of guilt through her, she knew if she didn't pull back soon she would probably end up killing her and for some reason she seemed okay with it.

She plunged her dagger into Nyssa's stomach twisting the knife to really give her something to cry about. Her hand instantly shot up catching the syringe Nyssa tried jabbing her with, "not today satan" she could faintly hear sirens in the background.. snapping out of her crazed manic impulses she pulled back from Nyssa "we don't kill, we don't kill, we don't kill" she repeated the mantra the batfamily spent years imbedding in her. Nyssa jabbed the second dose in.

"We don't-" her body was burning at this point like her insides were being dipped into acid, her breathing was harsh and she felt a heavy weight on her chest practically crushing her ribs yet miraculously she was still standing. She narrowly dodged the hit Evan sent her and lunging at him the best she could.

Nyssa sighed realizing that the highly lethal dose wouldn't be enough to keep her down long enough for them to carry out the plan, and with that Evan snapped her neck rendering Amara unconscious falling back into his arms as the two left the scene, leaving no traces behind.