Chapter 28

Later back at the apartment Amara was walking around trying to get her rhythm back and stabilize her breath control. "Damn it" she cursed to herself and sat down to catch her breath.

She had a lot of pent up anger after being told she was no longer allowed to operate in Gotham. I mean weren't they the ones who asked her to join them??

Bruce was just being really petty now, she had no other word to describe him, she understood he didn't like her or her methods or her presence but she was a good vigilante, she didn't kill - anymore - she planned before she attacked, and if she spent a little more time with computers and consuming coffee she would basically become a female Tim, and that's kinda the best version of a vigilante Bruce would want.

"Hey Mari" Barbara sat down watching her sister crazily mutter to herself. "Okay talk to me, you look like you have so many cogs turning in your head that I'm genuinely concerned you're going to short circuit"

Amara rolled her eyes pushing the hair from her face "Bruce is a bitch" Barbara looked at her in mouth open shock, "Amara!" She scolded "sorry what I meant to say was — Bruce is a petty bitch" she spat out annoyed with this whole situation it had only been a couple days and not once had any of them come to see her, well Jason did and she noticed Tim peak in during his patrol when he thought she was sleeping, but none of them had been in contact with her.

I mean what did she have to do to get even an 'are you alive?' Text from someone? I mean it's not like she was a member of their team for 4 years, or been in a long term relationship with one of them, or had multiple sleepovers at their home, and regrettably seen a little too much of some of them. She at least deserved a courtesy call.

"You can't blame me! That man has managed to flip my life around a little too late, I think something really weird is going on, I don't know what but when I find out — I don't know what I'm gonna do but when I do things will go back to normal" her powers had been bugging her non stop since the day Bruce kicked her out, and she had a feeling it had something to do with his sudden distaste for her.

"Wait where are you going?" She questioned following after Barbara into the next room, her eyes followed after her as she picked up random objects and stuffing them into a duffel.

"Where's my cowl?" She muttered to herself "attached to your suit?" Amara gave the obvious answer. "Not on my new suit" she muttered quietly, "you got a new suit?" Barbara awkwardly turned to her former teammate. "Bruce kinda gave us all an upgrade after you left" she threw her hands up in disbelief.

"Did he use my designs?" She asked accusingly, "the suit heaters were a necessity" Barbara replied sheepishly. "I'm gonna sue" Amara mumbled before shaking the thought out of her head "he can sway the judge, and Damian won't be too happy with me trying to screw over his dad, fuck!" She groaned.

"I would love to sit here and comfort you but I'm going to be late for patrol I'll see you after okay?" Barbara pressed a kiss to her sisters head before she left out the window.

Amara made her way to the roof, she'd spent alot of time up there over the years, on the days she had off from patrolling she liked to sit up there and watch over the city in peaceful bliss.

She grabbed a fistful of pebbles she found beside her dropping them like water balloons at the crooks that walked past. "God I'm sorry!" He cried holding his out to the sky. Amara smiled, she liked jerry he was an old man who was an extreme alcoholic but the more he drank the funnier he became.

"And what are we doing sitting out in the cold?" She didn't even flinch when Tim landed beside her, her assassins training was too deeply bred into her that she was aware of any moving thing within 20 feet of her.