Shock the Heart (pt.2)

*sorry if I hadn't updated for long now (>:D I'm back to wreck havoc again)

     "Why is that, Kalim-senpai?" (Name) asked.

     "Jamil always tells me I'm getting tired because of my duties and all that," Kalim explained as Jade made an "Oh?" from the corner. "I'm not getting any sleep lately and whenever things are difficult, I don't feel good at all. My home tutor and Jamil kept scolding me if those happen."

     "What are those difficult things, Kalim-san?"

     "The Magift tournament, the exams, and I'm getting worried about the Overblots as well... I-I was the thinking of things for Scarabia to get the glory as well," Kalim sniffed and wiped his eyes. "I always think of that and I ended up spacing out. I know what you're gonna say, I know I'm being hopeless right now."

     "So it was your idea for students not to come home

(Name) and Jade nodded at each other, then turned to Kalim. The girl backed away as Jade took the lead, knowing that they need to find out who was the culprit behind this manipulation...

     "What's wrong, Jade-senpai?!" (Name) panicked as Jade made a fake expression of hurt, like what he did before. "Kalim-senpai, he's hurt!"

     "Jade, what's wrong?!" Kalim panicked as he went to kneel in front of Jade. He was covering his right eye, where he was "hurt", "What's wrong with your eye? Did it have an infection? Do you want me to call a doctor?"

     "I think something caught my eye, can you take a look at it?" Jade asked, gesturing for Kalim to look him in the eyes. He pointed to his left eye and said, "Look straight into my left eye, yes, just like that..."

There is no need to be afraid, I want to be a help of you

     He continued as (Name) closely watch, "You must answer me truthfully and swear not to lie on any questions I ask. You are..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Meanwhile with Azul and the others...

     "Yey~! I win again~!" Floyd chortled. "That's three in the row~."

     Jamil laughed and wiped his forehead, "You're a tough opponent if you get crucial, huh, Floyd." On the other hand, Grim kept losing to Azul and yelled,  "AHHHHH?! I LOST AGAIN, GO EASY ON ME!"

     "I have 5 wins and 0 losses. It's an expected outcome from a board club member like me. And Jamil-san is at 2 wins and 3 losses, I see?" Azul stated.

     "It seems so, yes. I'm quite getting a bit worn since Kalim makes me play with him until he won," the tanned man scratched his head. "I guess it's a force of habit."

     "I see." Azul nodded. "So that's how it is."

     Jamil somehow heard it, "Hm? What do you mean by that? You sure are pretty weird."

     "Forgive me, I was merely talking to myself. A force habit as well," the octopus gave a smile. "You grew up with Kalim if I'm not mistaken?"

     "You seem to know vastly. Ah, I forgot that you and the Leech twins are childhood friends perhaps?" Jamil raised an eyebrow and chuckled lightly. Floyd, on the other hand, shrugged, "Seems like it~."

     "Seems like it?" Grim scrunched his face and said, "Eh? Why'd you put it like that?"

     "It seems like we've been in the same class in the same elementary school, but I only got to notice him when we went to middle school. That explains why we don't have any childhood friend-ish memories," Floyd explained.

     Carla immediately stood out and stated, "You didn't notice someone you're classmates with until graduation. Hah, unbelievable, both of you." She bitterly chuckled.

     "I was a very quiet student. I prefer not to be noticed that much," Azul told Carla.

     Grim grinned, "You got noticed differently tho. Since you're a--" then Azul covered his mouth. "Grim-san, I believe that we keep this a secret."

     "And now you're their dorm leader? The pretty strange relationship you got there, how unsettling in my opinion," Jamil told them. Floyd seems unamused, he suddenly said, "You think so? I'm just doing it since Azul's pretty interesting."

     "Both Jade and Floyd have no reason but to obey me. To them, we are simply playing around," Azul told them.

     "Playing master and servant?" Jamil asked. "That only made things complicated."

     "As time flew, they'll notice I might not be worthy of being a Prefect... And when they start to become bored of me-- they won't hesitate to steal the position from me and leave me at that time."

     "Oh c'mon, Azul~, we don't have any plans on challenging~! For now at least, ehe~!" Floyd chuckled.

     "I guess you three look formidable enough for each other," Jamil expressed.

     "We're together with him since he's interesting, but once he started to get a bit boring, it's bye-bye Azul~!" Floyd explained as he laughed. "The Vice dorm leader isn't a replacement for the dorm leader, you know? That's perfectly normal." He shrugged.

     "Normal, huh... I was born as a servant for Kalim's family, so I can't understand. A master is a master and a servant will be always a servant. Most probably as long as we live." Jamil said.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

深海の商人