Adjustments

Jamil scoffed, trying to decline Azul's offer, "You don't need to do that, Azul-san. I'm perfectly fine and capable to do such things as this for Kalim, I've been serving for years after all." He said with a smile. 'Stop stuffing your nose into someone else's business, Azul.'

     "OH!" Kalim gasped. "That's a great idea! I've been thinking for years about how to make Jamil's work lighten at least for a day! I'm so happy that you guys can make his job easier even just for a day!" He smiled while Jamil isn't happy about it.

     "Your empathy is such a touching thing to behold, Kalim-san," Jade commented. "I won't be surprised if you'll be forgiving Azul if he rips a page out of your book." He added, laughing lightly.

     Azul laughed as well, "You just had to do what you need to do, Jade. Anyways, allow us to take it from here, Jamil. You can rest for the whole day while we do all your chores for the rest of the break, don't you think?"

     Kalim nodded, "Let them be, Jamil! It's a great opportunity for you to rest today!" He said while putting Jamil on his bed. "You can take my room for today!"

     "Wait, Kalim—"

     Jade stopped Jamil from touching Kalim, "Now, now, you wouldn't disobey your master's orders, right? Run along and take some rest, Jamil-san. It's best to take your strength back from what happened over the last few days." He gave his smile before closing the door behind him.

Jamil sat on the bed, brushing his hair. Thinking about what has happened to the Octavinelle and Ramshackle dorm, why are they doing this? Could they have eaten something unusual that made them do this? Rethinking his thoughts, he left the room to make breakfast himself instead...

     "Hey, minnows, that ain't seasoned yet," Floyd told a student of Scarabia. He placed his hand on the student's shoulder, "Don't rush it out or something bad will happen~."

     "Sorry, sir!" The student yelled and ran with the unseasoned food. Another student ran to Floyd and said, "The vegetables in the oven are done, sir. What do I do with them?"

     "Those are already dressed~! Put 'em on a plate and placed 'em on the table~," Floyd ordered. Jamil, who just entered the lounge, gasped in disbelief, "Breakfast is all ready made?! Did you do this, Floyd?!" Jamil yelled at the Leech twin.

     Floyd laughed wholeheartedly, "G'morning, Sea snake~!" He greeted him and showed him a plate of breakfast he made. "Indeed, we made breakfast before you woke up~! Me, (Name), and the minnows did it just for you~! Oh, you wouldn't believe me, but last night Azul wouldn't stop goin' on about helping you~!"

     Jamil scrunched his face, "But I don't want guests to do such work like this? This is work for someone who's like me—"

     (Name) tapped his shoulder, "You seem to be forgetting something, Jamil-san. We're your training buddies until the end of the break. It must be a weight on your shoulders to do such things like this." She commented and made him sit. "It could be poisoned!"

     "That's an even more unbalanced diet than what I eat. Plus, I didn't poison any foods there. You can ask Shrimp-chan over there or you can taste it yourself. If I get your approval, I bet Sea Otter will gladly eat it~!" Floyd chortled.

     "You have a point, but still —"

     (Name) gave him a spoon and a sample of the soup, "Jamil-san, if you wouldn't mind tasting this soup. As well as this grilled vegetables and pork dish, it would be nice to see if it's poisoned or not." Jamil took the spoon with force, "Fine, I'll taste test these dishes."

Meanwhile, with Jade and Carla, Carla wasn't feeling good. Every time (Name) and Jamil converse or at least have eye contact, clairvoyance appears. It's the same clairvoyance over and over again, "magic cuffs..." Is the clearest word she can hear in the clairvoyance. She looked at (Name)'s cuffs, she couldn't use any magic until the Principal comes back, to say the least. She could feel another bad thing's gonna happen...

     After Jamil's taste testing, "Actually, are we prepared for the morning oasis hike?" He asked, putting his spoon down. "Usually, breakfast comes after the march."

     Azul entered the lounge, "I must say, I have given my fellow dorm leader Kalim an alternative plan for such a thing." Jamil snapped his head in Azul's direction, yelling, "What?! You can't just do that!"

     "I proposed that having a hike to the oasis exercise, you'll see proper improvements in indoor weight training. Scarabia's desert is such a hot place to catch a heatstroke, we don't want that, right?" Azul asked. Floyd sat beside Jamil and placed a hand around him, "In fact, there's a huge fountain in the courtyard too. I thought it was a swimming pool at first that's when I thought if you guys are gonna build up stamina, why not try swimming?"

     "I must agree, swimming can also burn a lot of fat," Azul added. (Name) smiled, "Dancing as well, imagine how graceful it is. Dancing isn't just gonna help you burn fat, but it can help you have a new talent as well. What do you say, Jamil-san?" She offered.

     "Skipping breakfast isn't very good as well. As they say, you can skip any meal but not breakfast," Azul stated. "We don't want anyone fainting here after all."

The other students are cheering about not going to hike to the oasis anymore. Jamil is seriously mad right now, but he doesn't want to ruin his reputation as the Vice Dorm Leader of Scarabia. If he does one mistake, it'll ruin Kalim's reputation as well...

     "Good morning!" Kalim greeted. "Oh, breakfast's ready! I'm very thankful to you guys, Jamil you should be grateful for their hospitality!" He nudged his friend.

     Grim jumped on the table, "Time to dig in!" He screamed in delight until Carla took him off the table. "Have some manners, Grim. You're still not compatible to eat breakfast, let Kalim have his plate first."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

深海の商人