Powerless

(Name) coughed as she was thrown by the possessed Pantherlily, while Jamil and the other possessed students were watching. "Lily, stop at once!" She ordered the exceed. In trance, Pantherlily raised his weapon and attacked (Name), who barely dodged the attack. "It's (Name)! Her Highness! Your friend!" She was desperate to make Lily get back to his normal trance.

     "You're a dimwit, (Name) Heartfilia," Jamil told her. "Your once-called friends won't listen to you anymore, I'm their Master now. Sounds pretty good, isn't it? You're just a useless magician who was wrongly selected in this school."

     Happy attacked her with his small, but deadly paws, "Happy! Stop doing this!" She told the small blue cat, blocking his fierce attacks. With no choices left, she threw Happy to a wall, making him unconscious at last.

     "Poor little cat, injured by the hands of you (Name) Heartfilia," Jamil said, looking at the guilty look on (Name)'s face. He saw her run towards the unconscious exceed, carrying him and placing him in an isolated place. "I'm not done with you, (Name). Come back, we still have a lot of things to talk about." He called.

     Pantherlily appeared in front of (Name), making her surprised. With her fast reflexes, she immediately dodged his hand which was gonna grab her again, "I'll send you to treason, Lily! I won't forget about this day, do you hear me?!" She threatened. But what she didn't notice is that Scarabia students attacked her from behind, immediately making her hit the ground again.

     "You're no match to me now, (Name)," Jamil told her. "Look at you trying to hold your ground. You sure are a tough nut to crack, I'll give you that you have a strong will to resist everything. I'm impressed. Poor (Name), too weak now, eh? All I advise is to give in to me and me only, do you understand?"

     (Name) used her strength to get up and hold her necklace, enraged by Jamil's maniacal self, "I would never give in to someone like you, you lowly human." She said to Jamil. Taking her whip out and ready to take another round of beating, "Fight me yourself, Jamil. Don't make others fight for yourself! Come at me if you want me dead!"

     "As you wish, (Name) Heartfilia," Jamil stood up and started to ready his weapon. (Name) forced herself to stay strong and buy time for the others to come back.

The others, who were thrown to the other side of the dorm, woke up one by one. Carla and Grim landed above Floyd's stomach. Floyd groaned in pain as his head was first to hit the ground. Jade landed face first meanwhile...

     "Ow..." Grim rubbed his back. "I can't take a break in this school. It's always troubling left and right, give me a break!" He complained.

     "You chose to be here, Grim!" Carla reminded him, making him surprised, and looked away. Floyd stood up and carried the exceeds, "I'm worried about (Name)! I'm gonna get killed if I won't bring her in one piece!" She frantically said, shaking in fear.

     "I'm barely alive here, ya know?" Floyd scratched his head, while his twin fixed his clothes. "It's so cold here, I felt like I'm gonna freeze any moment~." He added.

     Jade helped Azul stand up, "Here's your glasses, Azul. Pantherlily's throwing talent is incredible, but it's not a funny matter at this point." He told the others and tried pulling Kalim's head out of the floor. Finally taking him off the floor, he slapped his face, "Kalim-san, wake up."

     Kalim groaned in pain, rubbing his head, "Where am I...?" He asked Jade. "Where's (Name)? Did we leave her with Jamil? Surely, she'll be okay, right? It's not like Jamil would hurt (Name). That's not his type at all!"

     "IT'S JAMIL WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! (NAME) IS PROBABLY IN DANGER BACK TO THE DORM!" Carla yelled at Kalim, deranged as well. "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO NAIVE, KALIM?! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS LIKE!" Floyd immediately covered Carla's mouth from saying more.

     Azul tried looking for the dorm, "He must've thrown us to the other side of the dorm," he stated. "In our state, Grim and Carla are cats, so they'll be fine to stay in the cold for a little bit longer. I and the twins are fine as well since we're sea-dwellers, Kalim on the other hand is fragile in this temperature. We must get out of this place immediately."

     "We don't have any brooms or carpets with us, Carla can't carry us all," Jade added. "What options are left for us?"

     "I know it's not preferable, but we need to walk so we can go back to the dorm," Floyd suggested. Azul brushed his hair as the cold kissed their faces, "If we walked from here to the dorm, approximately it'll take us for days at least... I can't take it anymore, Floyd. I'm annihilating the contract of your voice, can't stand it anymore." The octopus said, taking a golden contract out of his coat, and ripping it to pieces.

     "Aww~," Floyd pouted and coughed. "I like the baritone voice more. There, back to normal again." Carla was crying silently in Floyd's arms while Grim was complaining about how cold it is.

     Jade laughed lightly, "I'm impressed that you and Azul made a contract together without me, but I didn't expect you'll agree to sign a contract just to experience such a voice, Floyd. I'd worry about Azul making excuses to get what he requires to have... I won't agree on a contract with him." Floyd placed a hand on Jade's shoulder, "Ya know, Jade, I didn't care about getting my magic back. I could just change the terms of our contract or have another contract to get another voice tone if I get bored of mine~!"

     Azul took the ends of their earrings, "I can hear you two, right? Stop talking about me in front of guests," he told the two. He let their earrings go and they rubbed because of how forceful that was, "I'll cut your salaries for the whole year if you do that again."

     That's when Kalim sobbed, "Jamil... I trusted you..." He continued sobbing, rubbing his eyes. Floyd scrunched his face, "You look ugly when you're crying, Sea Otter~, very unusual of you. Your tears will freeze if you continued doing that."

     Kalim didn't mind and kept sobbing, "This is my fault... Jamil wouldn't do this to me, the Real Jamil cares for me... He would never try doing this to me!" He complained while crying. This triggered Carla and immediately turned herself into a human, grabbing Kalim's collar, "The one you just called a friend threw you away and you still consider him as your friend after what he did to you?!"

     "What?"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

深海の商人