𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

The blazing sun rays casted a glow on the mansion which had preparations going on for the haldi and mendhi ceremonies. Everyone was going here and there, trying to finish all the preparations as fast as they could.

From one side of the mansion to the other side, Nandini was running around, telling the workers where to put what. They didn't have much time as the haldi ceremony and mendhi function were going to start in less then three hours. Telling everyone to relax and chill, Nandini herself wasn't following the mantra. She needed everything done and that to, perfect. She knew how these desi guests were. They'd talk crap about the littlest mistakes. But she didn't care about that as she also knew they'd still find something to talk crap about. She was more stressed for her best friend. Nandini was trying her best to give her best friend her dream wedding.

In the guest room, Armaan was sitting on the sofa and was aggressively typing on his computer. He wasn't in the mood to go downstairs and help out with the preparations. He didn't even want to go downstairs for the function. But he knew he had to. So Armaan was currently trying to finish some work up before the haldi ceremony. He wasn't frustrated anymore. The thoughts of the hazel-eyed girl had diverted after he had talked to his dadu.

This morning someone had come with the phone he had ordered his assistant to send. The first thing he did was call his grandpa and explain to him why he couldn't pick up his calls. Armaan didn't tell him anything about the annoying girl as he didn't want to seem weird in front of Vanraj Oberoi. After listening to his grandfather's voice, he felt better and had forgotten about Nandini.

•   •   •   •   •

Armaan finally existed the room as he had finished his work and maybe because his dadu had scolded him and told him to help out when he found out he was working. He was wearing his formals, as usual, and walked down the stairs with his expressionless face. He looked around and saw workers changing the curtains, flowers, lights, and what not.

He saw his chachi, ordering the workers to pick their pace up. Walking up to her, he asked, "Is there anything you need my help in?" Geeta just smiled at him and said, "Ah Armaan beta. Glad you're out of the room. And no, we have everything in control here. If there is anything, I'll let you know." Armaan nodded his head as he wasn't interested to help anyways.

He turned around to leave but got stopped by Geeta. "Actually uh Armaan." He turned towards her again and she spoke, "Could you do me a small favor?" As he had no choice other then to agree, he said 'sure'. "Could you go out to the sweets shop and pick up the mithaiyi ka dabha? All the cars are being used by the guests and there is no one else in the house to go as they went shopping or are busy in preparations. But there is a car but no driver. So if you wouldn't mind, would you go?" "I should've never came out of the room!" Armaan thought, annoyed.

"Sure, I can go. It's not like I have anything more important to do, such as making deals worth millions." Armaan said, whispering the last part. With a smile, Geeta said, "Thank you so much! Let me just call Nandini so she can go with you." Hearing her name, Armaan's thoughts went back to her. He had forgotten she was also here as he didn't see the annoying girl, yet. But wait? She was going to come along with him!?

Hell no! Armaan doesn't need that chatter box to come with him. So he quickly interfered and said, "It's fine! I'll go by myself." "No, Nandini can go with you. She knows where the shop is and knows what we got." "You can just give me the address and order, and I can do it myself." Armaan tried to reason. "Armaan beta, I told you na, it's fine. Let me call her." Armaan just sighed as he knew he couldn't stop Geeta and had to take Nandini along with him.