𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

The sun rose, marking a new day and a new beginning. Not any day but Armaan and Nandini's first day of being a married couple. It was a new beginning for both of them today.

Feeling the sun rays on her face, Nandini opened her eyes, annoyed and tired. She looked around the room, making her jerk up after seeing the unfamiliar surroundings. How did she get here? Why was she here? But then realization dawned upon her. She was married. She had gotten married yesterday and currently she was in her new room.

Thinking about marriage, Nandini's eyes shifted over towards the sofa and there she saw Armaan still asleep, in an uncomfortable position. She could tell his frame wasn't built for the poor sofa. Nandini did feel guilty but then again, she hated him and he hated her, so she shouldn't really care.

She looked over at the clock and saw it was six in the morning. It was quite shocking as she was never an early riser. Maybe because of the new surroundings she had woken up early. But it was good because she didn't want to create a bad impression of herself. So not wanting to waste more time, Nandini took out appropriate clothing for her first day as a married women, and headed towards the bathroom to get ready.

• • • • •

Nandini walked out the bathroom all freshened up, feeling better. She was looking gorgeous in her sharara with a short top and a floral flow jacket. She was wearing a simple light-pink sharara suit that had silver and floral work on it. Her simple jhumkas were the touch to the whole outfit. Nandini didn't do anything to her face, except for putting on basic products to look more presentable and she decided to leave her hair open.

Without wasting more time, Nandini went downstairs, guessing the ways and somehow did manage to reach the main floor. She then went towards the area where she heard talking and saw Sunita and Vikrant in the living room, drinking tea. Smiling, Nandini went towards them and greeted them.

"Good morning beta." Vikrant replied back with a smile. "You're already awake? You could've slept in. You had a very tiring day yesterday and must be tired." Nandini just shook her and kept smiling. "It's okay. I wasn't sleepy anymore and thought to come downstairs and help." Sunita smiled back and said, "Well then it's okay. Did you sleep well?" Nandini responded with a nod to that. "Good to hear."

"Nandini, I wanted to tell you, there was a ritual where the newly wedded bride makes a sweet thing on her first day after marriage. And as you're also a newly wedded bride, you need to also complete this ritual." Nandini understood what she meant and said, "Oh ok. Just tell me where the kitchen is and I can go make it."

"I'm sorry I'm making you do this but it's a ritual. But you just need to make one sweet thing. You won't have to do anything else ever as we have people for that. Just today." Sunita said. "It's fine. I actually like cooking so I won't mind at all." Sunita smiled at Nandini's words and then told her where the kitchen was. "There will be some staff there to help you around. So don't hesitate." Nodding, Nandini headed towards the kitchen.

Reaching the kitchen, Nandini saw how huge it was and how she could never be able to find anything in here. But then she noticed a man and women, chopping up things. They both looked a few years older then her. "Hi!" Hearing the cheerful voice, they turned around and saw Nandini. "Hello. You must be sahaab's wife, right?" the women asked. "Sadly yes." Nandini thought to herself but composed herself. "Yes. Maa had sent me hear for my pele rasoi. So, if you do not mind, could you just help me find the ingredients." "Of course ma'am." they responded back with.