𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

Two weeks had passed. And slowly everyone was returning back to their normal selves. Including Armaan. Nandini had made sure to do so. She had brought both Sunita and Vikrant back to their normal lifes and also Armaan.

After that day where Armaan cried in her arms, Armaan had decided to listen to Nandini and try to move on. It wasn't easy. But he was slowly and steadily improving. The presence of Vanraj could never be filled in but they were moving on now, which was a good thing.

• • • • •

Armaan walked into the empty room, not looking around his surroundings. He went straight into the closet to change. Once he had changed and freshened up, he went forward to grab his laptop but felt like something was missing.

He thought for a while but it then hit him. There was no Nandini in the room. Thinking she is still in the balcony, he peaked from a distance but was left confused when he found it empty and the door closed. Everyday she'd either be in the room or in the balcony, so where was she today?

Armaan couldn't help but become a bit curious. He decided to wait, in case she was in the kitchen or something. After five-seven minutes had passed, he had lost his patience and decided to call her. And just as he was about to call her, his eyes landed on the phone on the bedside table, which belonged to Nandini.

As moments passed, Armaan turned even more curious. He couldn't take it anymore and decided to go on a journey to find Nandini, in the house and if he didn't find her, he'll just ask Sunita and Vikrant.

Heading out of his room, Armaan looked around the corridors, trying to find a glimpse of her. As moments passed, his curiosity rate grew higher. He hated to admit it but he really cared about Nandini at the moment, and he just hoped she wasn't doing some dumb shit.

After not finding her anywhere on the second and first floor, he went to the main floor. And to his luck, he didn't find Nandini there either. Now he was confused. Where else could she be? It's not like she could go to the west wing of the house as it was only reserved for guests. Or maybe she is already in their room by the time he had been looking for her.

As he came back to the floor, he realized he still hadn't checked the third floor nor the fourth, which was the terrace. Sighing, Armaan climbed the stairs. Looking around the third floor, he thought, "If I don't find her here, either she got killed or ran away after killing someone." Chances were very high that she might've killed someone and had ran away. But again, she wouldn't run away and would proudly admit she had killed the person.

He climbed the stairs to the terrace and was surprised finding the door slightly open. He opened the door slowly and saw a figure of a petite women standing by the railing. Her back was facing him while her hair flowed gently with the light breeze. Knowing who it was, Armaan took slow steps towards her.

Feeling a presence behind her, Nandini quickly turned around, her fist ready to hit the intruder. Nandini's fist halted in mid air as Armaan immediately held it, before it hit him.

Armaan stared right at Nandini, amused with her actions while Nandini stood there shocked. He steadily let go of her wrist, saying, "Remind me to never creep up behind you." Nandini just shook her head, lightly smiling. "I thought it was some robber." Armaan nodded at her. "What ar-" They both stopped in mid-sentence as they talked at the same time. Armaan gestured her to go first.

"What are you doing here?" Nandini asked, noticing his disheveled hair, knowing he had just came back from work. "Funny for you to ask because I was also going to ask you that. But I came here..um.." Nandini raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to continue. "For...?" "I heard noises coming from up here so I thought to check." he lied. Armaan didn't want to admit the real reason why he was up here, knowing Nandini would tease him. He was glad she bought the lie.