𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

The wind was now full of love. The days seemed to be getting better then ever. It was as if it was a whole new beginning. Which it was. For Armaan and Nandini.

Armaan and Nandini had just arrived back home after the blissful evening they had spent together. They had spent the time together under the blanket of stars cast upon them. They held each other in their embrace and enjoyed the time, talking about all those crazy yet memorable moments they had before.

Right now, Nandini had just gotten comfortable under the duvet when Armaan walked towards her. He was hiding something behind his back, confusing Nandini. Armaan sat on the edge of the bed and gave her one of his handsome smiles which still blew Nandini away. She could do anything to see that dimpled smile.

"What are you hiding behind your back?" Nandini asked. "Something." Nandini groaned at his response, causing Armaan to grin. "Armaan!" she grumbled. Chuckling, Armaan said, "Okay, fine. First sit up." Nandini didn't waste another moment and immediately sat up, waiting to see the mystery.

Armaan pulled out a tiny box which sat on his palm. He forwarded it towards Nandini, who just stared at it with confusion. After looking at the box, Nandini looked back up at Armaan. "Open it." Hesitantly, Nandini took the box off of his palm and gently opened it, revealing a beautiful emerald ring.

It was a silver band with a beautiful shaped emerald in the middle. Simplistic and beautiful. Seeing the ring, Nandini's eyes lit up in awe. It was truly a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Nandini looked up at Armaan, who was staring at her with a smile and watching her reaction. "What is this?" Nandini mindlessly asked. "A ring." Nandini scoffed at his answer. "I know it's a ring." Nandini said in a 'duh' tone. Armaan shook his head as he was messing with Nandini.

"It's my mom's ring." Armaan answered. Nandini examined the ring even closer. Nandini could tell his mom had very good taste in jewelry. "Why..why are you showing this to me?" Nandini asked, curious. She was surprised as it was very sudden and she hadn't had expected this.

"Because I want to give it to you." Nandini's head immediately snapped in his direction. She thought she had heard wrong but when she saw the seriousness on his face, it made her sure she had heard right. "Wh..what?" Armaan smiled at her reaction. She looked to bewildered to believe anything.

"Yes Nandini, I want to give this ring to you. When I was younger, one main thing about my mom that I remember is of her love towards jewelry. And this, this ring was one of her most prized possessions. She had once told me that this ring belonged to her daughter-in-law. The women who I fall for. And you are now the sole owner of this ring because it belongs to you."

Nandini's eyes filled up as he finished. It was all too much for her. She didn't know how she even fell in love with him in the first place and now he was already doing things to make her fall even deeper. And this ring. This ring showed how much he truly loved her, how much he trusted her. He was giving one of his mom's most important possessions to her. This meant a lot for her.

"I..I can't take it." Nandini said, her voice a whisper. Armaan's face turned confused as his eyebrows knotted. "What, why? You don't like the design? Is something wr-" "No. The ring is beautiful. To beautiful for me. I can't take something that is so important to you." she explained. Armaan understood what she was going through and couldn't help but feel glad to have a wife who was so selfless.

"First of all, you are ten times more prettier then this ring. Not even that. You're the most beautiful thing I have seen ever and will ever see because you're beautiful on the inside and outside. And secondly, you're important to me more then anything in this world. This ring just shows you how much I love you. And if I don't give this to you, I think my mom will come as a ghost and kill me."