𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒

Things were changing. Ever since the truth had been revealed, Nandini and Armaan had gotten a bit more closer. Even though they still fought over every little thing, they bonded more then they did before. It was a miracle.

Nandini was out of the house, running errands, as she was bored just staying home. She decided to stop by at the temple, so that's what she was currently doing.

Stepping down the stairs, Nandini smiled as she saw a kid whining to his mom for a toy. The pout on his face made him look even cuter. She could tell the mother was getting annoyed. Nandini would always think what it felt like to be a mother. It must be tough to be a mother. You have to not only take care of the kid but the rest of the family too.

Reaching the last step, Nandini looked around, trying to find a rickshaw. She had came with a driver but the driver had to attend a family emergency. Nandini being Nandini, couldn't see him like that and told him to go. The driver was hesitant, knowing he'd be in trouble if Armaan found out, but Nandini manages to persuade him.

That was how she landed herself in this situation, looking around for a free rickshaw, but it seems like all of the rickshaws of Delhi were occupied. Nandini was getting irritated and the heat wasn't helping either.

She walked further and further, not knowing where she was. At this point she could've just walked home, but she was just being sarcastic as in no way she could walk many more miles away. Nandini walked, keeping an eye out for a rickshaw. Nandini started sweating and kept cursing herself for not calling another driver.

As she walked, Nandini felt a presence behind her. Her women instincts kicked in and she felt something was off. She picked up her pace as she remembered what had happened at the party last time. Once she picked up her pace, she could hear harder footsteps behind her. Her heart rate increased as she decided to run for it.

She ran, tightly holding onto her phone, ready to call someone. Nandini peaked a bit and from the corner of her eye, she could see not just one but a few men behind her. She knew it would be better if she called someone. She unlocked her phone and just as she was about to call someone, something hard hit her head, knocking her right out.

Nandini held her head, feeling dizzy. Not being able to hold herself, she fell onto the ground. Her eyes became blurry and the last thing she saw was those men huddling around her, before she passed out right there.

•   •   •   •   •

Armaan stared at his phone, irritated. It was around five in the evening and Armaan was still at work. For the past five minutes, Sunita had been calling him non-stop. He ignored every call, not interested talking with her. His phone stopped ringing finally and he sighed in relief. No way he was going to pick up that call.

He moved back towards his laptop screen. Just as he was about to answer an email, his phone started ringing again. Armaan was so pissed-off, he picked up the call, ready to lash out at her. "What do you-" "Armaan." Armaan stopped mid-sentence when he heard Sameer's voice. He looked at the caller-ID and saw it was actually Sameer and not Sunita.

"Are you there?" "Hm, what?" he replied, sitting back in his chair and picking up a file. "Nandini's missing." Armaan's world stopped for a second. What had he just heard!? "What..!?" he asked, flabbergasted, looking away from the file. "Aunty had called me after you hadn't picked up. She told me Nandini has been gone since twelve, to run a few errands, but hasn't come back yet. She isn't picking up her phone either."

"She probably just stopped somewhere and she is a habit of not picking up calls." Armaan told, knowing Nandini was quite careless. "I called the driver and he said he left for a family emergency, on the insistence of Nandini. Nandini told him to go, so he did and left her. That was at one and it's five now." Armaan turned more serious. He knew Nandini would never be gone for so long, especially without telling anyone.