𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

Taking a deep breath, Nandini brought down her veil as she exited the car. She clutched onto the lunchbox as she made her way towards the entrance of the glorious building.

Nandini had came to Oberio Corporations with lunch for Armaan. The past few days Armaan had been tensed and took less care of himself because of an upcoming deal which was very important for him. Nandini had seen how he would work all day long, not once thinking about himself.

Therefore, Nandini decided to bring lunch for him and spend some time with him, which they hadn't in the past few days. In this way, Nandini could see him eat with her own eyes. And the veil was there to prevent her from creating a ruckus like she did the last time she had came here.

Entering the building, Nandini looked around through her veil, which she could clearly see through, to see if anyone had noticed her. It was very hard to miss someone with a veil in such a formal facility. But to her surprise, everyone was way to busy in their own tasks to even notice her. Even the receptionist was busy on her phone and didn't seem to notice Nandini entering the building.

Taking this as a chance, Nandini slipped towards the elevator, this time knowing her way towards Armaan's office. A sigh of relief left her lips once she found the elevator empty. Pressing the button for the last floor, Nandini smiled to herself as she thought about Armaan's reaction on upon seeing her. Either he'd be happy or either he'd be annoyed. Whatever works for her as all she wanted for him was to have a good meal.

The elevator door opened as it had reached the last floor. Nandini exited the elevator and looked around, noticing Amir, Armaan's personal assistant. Amir seemed to notice Nandini's presence as without him noticing, no one could enter Armaan's office.

Nandini didn't want to be rude and also wanted to know if Armaan was in his office or not, so she went towards his desk area. She was confident because she knew Amir knew about her relationship with Armaan, and also knew he was trustworthy because Amir was the only one Armaan had told about his marriage too.

"Hi, is Armaan in his office?" Nandini asked. "Excuse me ma'am, who are you? Do you have an appointment with sir?" Amir asked, confused on seeing a women with a veil. Realizing her stupidness, Nandini picked up her veil, revealing her face. She and Amir were the only ones there so there wasn't anything to hide.

Surprise and shock was written all over Amir's face. Nandini smiled at him, knowing he remembered her. "I'm so sorry ma'am. I didn't know it was-" "Don't be sorry. No one would've known it was me." Nandini immediately stopped him. Amir sensed a good vibe from her, shocked his boss didn't have a stuck up wife like himself.

"I had actually brought lunch for Armaan. Is Armaan in his office or is he busy-" "No, sir is in his office. I don't know if he is busy or not. Would you like me to check?" Nandini just shook her head. "Thank you but I'll check myself." Amir nodded at Nandini as she passed him a grateful smile and moved towards Armaan's office.

•   •   •   •   •

Hesitantly, Nandini knocked on Armaan's office door. A couple of seconds after, Nandini heard a deep 'come in'. Just as Nandini was about to open the door, an idea struck her. Quickly, Nandini covered her face with her dupatta again. Ready, Nandini opened the door and entered Armaan's office.

Armaan, who was busy with his head stuck in his file, didn't look up to see who had come. Moments passed and only silence reverberated the room. Finally, Armaan looked up, only to find a figure with her head covered with a veil. She was wearing a beautiful deep-blue frock suit with golden embroidery on the end of the sleeves.

The women stood there, not moving. Armaan cleared his throat, his file still in his hand. Nandini bit back her grin, thinking what Armaan might be thinking at the moment. "Who are you?" Armaan straight forwardly asked. Nandini controlled herself from laughing, as if she was a kid who was hiding from her parents.