𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

A confused scowl played on Nandini's face as Armaan entered the room, and without saying anything, went into the closet. It left Nandini muddled because it was only seven-thirty in the evening and Armaan was already back home. And on top of that, he didn't say anything to Nandini and went straight into the closet.

Nandini shrugged her shoulders as she continued to draw. Currently, Nandini was drawing little doodles in her drawing book as there was nothing else to do. Nandini was one to get easily bored of everything.

Nandini looked up from her book when she heard the closet door opening. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish when she saw Armaan walk out in casuals. It wasn't every day Armaan would wear jeans and a t-shirt. It seemed as if he didn't know about her presence in the room as he went straight towards the dresser, without even glancing at her once.

A baffled Nandini stood up, pushing her notebook away. "You're early. Where are you going?" Nandini walked closer to him. Without turning to look at her, Armaan answered, "On a date with a pretty girl." Nandini's jaw hit the floor as her eyes widened. He said it as if it wasn't anything, and that to, to his own wife.

"You-" Before Nandini could come at him, Armaan turned towards her and cut her off. "Now go get ready." Nandini was left dismayed at his words. It took her a second to put two and two together and understand what he was getting ready for. And once she understood, a full blown smile made its way on her face.

Armaan grinned when he saw her smile. The smile was the reason why he had came home and decided to take his wife out. And maybe because his friends might've scolded him for being super self-absorbed with work and that he should start taking Nandini out more often.

"You came back from work just to take me out?" a surprised Nandini asked. "Yup, now go get ready or else-" "You will leave me behind." Nandini finished for him. This sentence was a classic.

Nandini turned to leave and before she did, she said, "And you look hot in jeans." Nandini sprinted into the closet, giggling to herself, leaving a smirking Armaan behind. He knew this women was going to be the death of him.

• • • • •

Coming out of the closet, Nandini noticed Armaan on his laptop. She sighed, letting him work as she knew otherwise he'd be worried while they're out.

Nandini had decided on a pastel purple pakistani style shalwar suit. It was simple yet elegant. It had fine golden detail on the sleeves and around the neck, leaving the rest to be simple. The color made Nandini's skin look even brighter. Nandini put on her jhumkas and was all ready to go.

"I'm ready." Nandini did a little twirl while Armaan closed his laptop. "Are you trying to kill me?" Nandini stopped twirling, confused by his words. But when she noticed the look Armaan was giving her, Nandini became all flustered. "If I was, I would've killed you way long back." Nandini responded, innocently smiling. "That, I know. And I know you still might kill me if I do anything stupid even now." Nandini nodded, his words seeming about right.

"Now shall we go?" "We shall, and also, you look even hotter in formals." Armaan narrowed his eyes at Nandini, raising his eyebrow. "Really?" Nandini nodded, grinning. "Maybe I should then go change back-" "No, no more wasting time. You look good in this as well. Let's go." Nandini grabbed Armaan's arm, dragging him out of the room.

• • • • •

"Please don't say the orphanage. Anywhere else except the orphanage." Nandini huffed as that was what she was going to say. She started thinking of other places to go. "How about-" "And no street food today. Not at all. And I'm not falling for those puppy eyes again." Nandini's cheeks blew up as she lied back in the seat. Of course he had to prohibit the only things she liked.