𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

The Grover Mansion was hustling and bustling with preparations. Lights were being hung outside. Curtains were being draped all around. Gorgeous jasmine flowers were being added to make the decorations even more beautiful. The aroma of the different desi delicacies was spread around the whole house.

Today wasn't just any day. An engagement was happening. And not anyone's, but Nandini and Armaan's. They both were going to slip a ring on each other's fingers, claiming each other as theirs. But they didn't want to claim each other. This wasn't an engagement where the girl is blushing like a mad women and the groom is dreaming about his soon-to-be bride. Not at all! Instead, they are thinking of ways on how to kill each other and get out of this marriage.

Both of them were confused. Neither one of them knew what was really going on. All they knew was, they both were going to get married and become stuck with each other for the rest of their lives. It all happened in a sudden. Just three days back they had got the biggest shock of their lives and today their engagement was taking place. It was hard for them. First of all, they didn't expect each other to say 'yes' for this marriage. Secondly, they had only agreed for their families and not their happiness. And third and worst of all, they hated each other.

They didn't know what to do but went with the flow. It was all on destiny now.

•   •   •   •   •

Nandini secured her dupatta in place and was all ready for her engagement. She didn't know how this day already came. A few days back she was just informed about a proposal and today, that same proposal is going to become her fiancé.

But currently, Nandini was looking gorgeous. She was wearing a beautiful light sage green lengha that had fine light pink embroidery in it. It had long sleeves which also had embroidery in them. She had a matching net dupatta with it, that was pinned to her shoulder. This beautiful lengha was picked by her brother and she loved it. Her jewelry was also matching with her lengha.

Her lengha nor her jewelry were heavy or extravagant. She liked it simple, just like makeup. And her face. Her face was already beautiful it self that she didn't need any makeup. So she chose not to get a beautician and did her makeup herself. Her makeup only consisted of a light shade of lipstick with some basic makeup items. Her hair was also beautifully curled and half pinned up. All together, Nandini looked as if she was ready to knock down all the hearts of those boys out there.

Nandini was putting on her anklets when her phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, Nandini smiled. She put the phone on speaker and yelled, "Hi meri Janu!!" She heard a squeal from the other side of the phone. "God Nandu, my ears! Calm down." Nandini just giggled and placed the phone to her ear as she was now done putting her anklets on. "So. Tell me, how is your honeymoon going? And how is Darsh?" Jhanvi and Darsh were on their honeymoon in Bora Bora. Darsh had an important business deal to handle which is why they went on their honeymoon 2 months later.

"I love it! Bora Bora is so beautiful! And Darsh, he's fine. Forget about him, you tell me. Are you ready for your engagement?" Nandini had forgotten about the engagement just moments back yet again, was reminded of it. "I don't know yaar! I told you. I don't want to marry him but I am. Just for bhai and papa." Jhanvi sighed as she saw how her friend was not listening to her feelings but others.

"Nandu, if you don't want to, tell bhai or bade papa. You know they'll support you. They aren't forcing you. So why did you agree to marry him!?" Nandini knew Jhanvi was right but she also knew she was right. "But they're happy that I'm marrying that dumb cousin of yours. I don't even know what is so special about him. But their happiness is the most important thing for me. They've done way to much for me and it's time that I do something for them."