𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Nandini wanted to cook lunch for the whole family today. She usually cooked dinner and breakfast, with the help of the staff, but Sunita didn't allow Nandini to cook lunch as she didn't want Nandini to tire herself. But today, Nandini decided to cook lunch anyways as she was bored.

Sunita walked into the kitchen and hit her head as she saw Nandini working. "Nandini, I told you beta. Don't do all of this. You don't listen to me for breakfast and dinner already, and now lunch?" Nandini cheekily smiled and walked up to her. "Don't worry maa. Let me make it today. And you should also try lunch made by me." Sunita patted Nandini's cheeks, saying, "Paagal." Nandini just grinned and kissed her cheek.

"Ok, you leave the kitchen and come back when I'm done." Nandini started pushing Sunita out of the kitchen. "But-" Nandini fake glared at Sunita, making Sunita chuckle and leave the kitchen.

• • • • •

Nandini, Vanraj, and Sunita were having lunch in the garden today as they are the only ones present during lunch while Vikrant is with them during breakfast and dinner.

"This is so good! I'm glad you are our daughter-in-law. In this way, we at least get to eat something good everyday." Nandini smiled at Vanraj and took a bite of her rice. "Seriously Nandini, it's very good." Nandini said 'thank you' to both of them and could tell they really meant it.

"By the way, tonight Armaan has to go-" Vanraj's words were cut off by the maid that came running towards them with a ringing phone. "Sorry to interrupt, but ma'am your phone was ringing." Nandini had left her phone inside, not wanting to use it while she was with family.

"Ok, thank you. And please don't call me ma'am. Call me Nandini." The maid just nodded, politely smiling, and left, giving Nandini her phone. The phone was still ringing so Nandini checked who was calling her.

The contact name read 'devil' and Nandini squinted her eyes at the phone, shocked. Armaan never called her. Why was he calling her today? And how does he have her number? "You're so dumb Nandini. You were the one who had called him last time. Of course he has your number now." Nandini smacked her head thinking about it.

"Beta, the phone is still ringing. Pick it up in case, it seems important." Before she could, the phone stopped ringing. Nandini sighed but she knew she'll have to call him back now. "Who was it?" Vanraj asked. "Armaan." Vanraj seemed to understand the reason why Armaan was calling Nandini. "Call him back in case if it's important." Nandini just nodded, excusing herself and going inside the house.

She dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. And finally after 6 rings, Armaan decided to pick up the call. Nandini's heartbeat started running faster for some reason. It's not like he was going to kill her through the call. Something was just happening to her. She didn't expect him to call her, maybe that's why.

No one spoke and you could hear their breathings. Nandini waited for him to talk while Armaan waited for Nandini to talk. "Hello..?" Nandini decided to talk and get this over with. As Armaan heard her voice, some type of relief filled his body. "Hm?" Armaan didn't know what to respond with.

Nandini rolled her eyes as she heard him. "He was the one who wanted to say something." "What do you want to talk about?" Armaan realized what he had called her for. "I called you to tell you that there is a business party tonight." Nandini listened to him, confused, and said, "Ok, and?" "Well, dadu found out and is now forcing me to to take you along. So be ready. I'll come home around seven." Armaan didn't wait any longer and cut the call. "Devil." Nandini muttered to herself.