𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

The wind seemed to have picked up. The leaves shook by the power of the wind while everyone ran into cars and shops, not wanting to be caught in the incoming storm. After all, winter in London was one of the worst seasons to live there in.

"Nandini..." Nandini stood frozen as if her world had stopped. Her eyes stared at him as if she was seeing a ghost. Bile rose up her throat while her knees felt weak. Her entire past flashed through her eyes as if it had never even left here. The past she had left months back was standing right in front of her.

Armaan was left dumbfounded on upon seeing Nandini. It felt unreal. He thought he might be imagining things but the scent which lingered his senses, he knew that the woman standing in front of him was not his imagination and his Nandini. His Nandini who he had lost because of his one mistake.

"Nandini." Armaan spoke again, hoping she is actually in front of him. He moved closer to touch her and see if she is real, but when he lifted his hand, that day came crashing right back to her. She was struck with realization of why she left months back, and it was all because of the man standing in front of her.

She had ran away once, she could run away again. Without thinking twice, Nandini turned around and ran away from her past, all over again. Armaan was shocked at what had just happened but when he realized what had happened, he ran right after her, not wanting to lose her again. He already lost her once, he wasn't going to let it happen again.

Nandini didn't turn around even once and ran as fast as she could. She dodged all the people, who looked at her as if she was an alien. "No, it can't happen again. I won't let it happen again. He won't come into mine nor my baby's life." Nandini thought. She didn't want Armaan to find out about her pregnancy. She knew he hated children. What if he made her abort it? Or, what if he asks her to give it to him? No. She won't tell him, let alone drop or give her child to him.

Armaan catched up with Nandini and when he saw her turning the corner, he immediately grabbed her by her elbow, pulling her towards him. Nandini's face collided with his strong chest as he had pulled her back. His cologne hit her senses as she looked up and met with his dark and guilt-full eyes. Becoming aware of their closeness, Nandini tried to wiggle out of his hold but his hold was way to strong for her.

"Let go of me!" Nandini whispered-yelled, not wanting to grab attention, even though they already had by all the running. A little smile made its way up to Armaan's lips, after seeing Nandini fight with him and act all feisty. It reminded him of their past. She hadn't changed her nature. But little did he know, everything else about her had completely changed.

"I will, only if you promise me you won't run away." Armaan knew Nandini very well. She would try to run away the moment he let go of her and make him chase her around all throughout London. Nandini gritted her teeth, looking around, hating his dominating nature like always. Armaan raised his eyebrow when she looked back at him, making her inwardly groan. "Fine."

Armaan let go of Nandini's arm gently, his gaze on her the entire time to make sure she doesn't run away. Nandini huffed, her cheeks and nose all red due to anger and the cold. A low smile made its way up to Armaan's lips as he stared at the hoor in front of him. Nandini looked away from his gaze, still unable to believe he had found her.

"Nandini...I can't believe you're standing in front of me. It feels unreal." Armaan said, his gaze traveling across her face. Nandini looked down, unable to handle his gaze. It still affected her just as much as it did five months back. "I..I know you're mad at me. And you should be. What I did, it-" "If you're here to apologize or grieve over that incident, let me tell you, I don't care. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get home."