𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Radiating with flowers and lights, Grover Mansion looked as it was dressed up as a bride. The lights hung outside were giving it the wedding glow. The flowers situated everywhere made the whole mansion smell amazing and look beautiful. The women were enjoying themselves by playing the dholki and singing while the men were busy eating and talking about politics and business.

Young girls were dancing to the music played by the women and getting beautiful patterns of henna done on their hands. After all, it was the mendhi ceremony today. The mendhi ceremony which is celebrated separately on both sides.

In the middle of the living room, Nandini was sitting on a swing, which was beautifully decorated with white roses. Nandini had an amazing smile on her face and was looking beautiful in her light green anarkali. It was sleeveless with straps so she could get her mendhi done. It had gold embroidery and golden mirror work. It was simple yet nice. Her hair was tied in a low bun to get it out of her face. Nandini's face didn't have even a spec of makeup on it, yet she still managed to look beautiful.

Currently, a henna artist was doing her work on Nandini's palms. It is an Indian tradition for the soon-to-be bride to get henna done on her hands and feet. Nandini loved henna. She loved the feeling when the cold henna would touch her palm. The beautiful patterns always fascinated her.

Nandini looked around the house and took in all the memories. Only two days. Only two days were left until she'd leave this house. This family. The memories in this house. But she was taking them all with her. Even though she was going to a new home for the rest of her life, she'd never forget the beautiful, sad, ugly, funny memories she had made here.

Nandini came out of her thoughts when she was startled by the henna artist's voice. "Ma'am, what is the groom's name?" Nandini knew why the henna artist was asking. But she didn't want his name on her palms. She didn't even want him in her life, but unfortunately she was stuck with him.

Before Nandini could respond, Darsh came in between. "Armaan. The groom's name is Armaan." The henna artist silently nodded and turned her attention back to Nandini's hands.

Darsh sat by Nandini on the swing, and Nandini let out a fake groan. "Why are you here? Go annoy your wife. Or did she get tired of you too?" Darsh dramatically held his heart and put on a hurt expression. "I canceled all my meetings for three days, just to attend your wedding and here you aren't even giving me a ounce of respect."

Nandini sarcastically smiled at him and said, "I never told you to come. I had called Jhanvi, not you. So, I don't know what you're talking about." Nandini stuck her tongue out at him, making him laugh out loud. "I can't believe a child is getting married." Nandini rolled her eyes and looked away, not interested to even talk about her marriage.

"Darsh, I've been trying to find you everywhere." Jhanvi said, walking towards them with a pout. She sat on the other side of Nandini and looked at Nandini's hands, trying to see the progress. "Jhanvi, how do you deal with him all day, everyday?" Darsh narrowed his eyes at them and said, "I'm such good company!" Ignoring him, Jhanvi innocently said, "He's my husband. Don't be mean to him." With her mouth hung open, Nandini looked over at Darsh and saw him trying to control his laughter. "Janu! You're so innocent. This idiot doesn't deserve you." Jhanvi was very very innocent. Nandini had always stood by her side since childhood, as she knew Jhanvi had always been shy and timid.

Jhanvi just pouted and said, "But I love him." Nandini broke out into a smile as she saw Jhanvi's innocence. "And I love you too." Somehow Darsh had reached Jhanvi's side without anyone knowing. He hugged her from the back and kissed her cheek, making Jhanvi blush. "Darsh what are you-" "Showing you my love."