𝗌𝗂𝗑

It was a beautiful day in Delhi. The sun was shining high in the sky as it was ruling it. The white fluffy clouds were making the blue sky even more serene. The light wind was making it all more pleasant to the people of Delhi.

With cautious steps, Nandini ran down the stairs of the temple while holding her dupatta still on her head as it didn't want to stay on her head. Nandini's gorgeous simple lucknowi mauve pant suit was looking flawless on her. It had a grey border on it, with a matching dupatta. Without any makeup and her hair in a light braid, she looked beautiful.

Nandini had just went to the temple to pray, before heading to the orphanage. Going to the temple was something her mom had taught her. God and Nandini had a very strong connection.

She had just finished praying and was about to go to the orphanage when she saw an elderly man, walking up the stairs slowly. She could tell he was in pain but he still had a smile on his lips. Quickly running down the stairs, up to him, Nandini held his forearm in one hand and held his hand in the other.

"Uncle, is it paining?" Care and concern could be read on her face. The elderly man smiled at the caring girl and said, "Not much but these old knees always like to play with me." Nandini with a smile, slowly helped him walk up the stairs while the stranger she just met, smiled at her lovingly. "Didn't anyone come with you?" "I'm not a child nor old. I'm capable enough to come here myself. But if my grandson found out, he'd not let me leave the house ever." Nandini saw his smile grow even wider. She could tell there is something very exciting going on in his life. "I can tell you are very happy."

The old man's smile grew even wider as he thought about it. "Why wouldn't I be? After all, my grandson is coming from London after two months. Before going to London, he went to a wedding and straight from there, he went to London. I haven't seen him in ages." Nandini knew this elderly man had a very strong relationship with his grandson and she was happy. Seeing people happy with their families made her very happy because seeing such bonds with your family had lessened. "I see. Do pull your grandson's ear when he comes back because, how could he leave such a cool guy for two months?" He chuckled at her words. He was already liking this girl. "Will definitely do. Thank you for reminding me."

As they finally reached the last step, Nandini balanced him and let go of his arm and hand. "Uncle, is it paining still? I can go get a balm from the pharmacy close by if-" "It's fine beta. Thank you for helping me. You don't see this type of care in today's world. You are something special." Nandini just gave him her beautiful smile, saying, "It was my pleasure. And I got to enjoy your company. But now I need to go or else my brother will start getting anxious if I don't return home on time as I need to go somewhere before going home. Hopefully we'll meet again. Bye." "Goodby-" "Uncle, no goodbye's. My mumma always said to never say 'goodbye' to anyone. You never know when you'll meet the person again, and saying 'goodbye' just lessens the chances." Hearing her good thinking and the great manners she was raised with, his old brain started rotating. "Ok, bye. See you soon."

Waving at him, Nandini was running down the stairs but got stopped by his hoarse voice. "By the way, what is your name?" With a huge smile, Nandini turned around and said, "Nandini." She then ran down to head to her next destination but left the old man there, leaving him to start thinking about something. Something which would soon change her life.

•   •   •   •   •

Nandini's face was adorned by a smile the moment she stepped inside the orphanage. This place never failed to make her happy, even when she was not in her best mood.

Varsha's Home of Life, the dream of her mother. Her mother had made this orphanage when her brother was just born, for the kids who didn't have a home. They were brought here and this became their home, until a family came to take the kids to another home. Varsha Grover was just like Nandini but more innocent while Nandini is more lively. But Nandini, she knows how to stand up for herself and talk back to someone. That's one thing her parents and brother had taught her. The strong women she was today was only because of her family. But everything else, Nandini got from her mother. The pure heart, the care for the people around her, and even the way she looked. She resembled her mother a lot.