𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

Within a snap, two and half months passed of Armaan and Nandini's marriage. It didn't pass in bliss like people would expect it too, but it passed with tons of fights and lots of ignorance. If someone saw the way they acted behind the closed doors of their room, they would think they are two crazy people who like to chase each other around and drive each other nuts.

•   •   •   •   •

Due to the weather being nice, Nandini was outside and watering all the beautiful plants. She had managed to make the gardener, who was terrified of getting in trouble for letting Nandini water the plants, agree.

At Grover Mansion, Nandini used to water the plants as those plants were very precious for her. They were special because the garden in their home was Varsha's special place and she had planted lots of flowers herself. Nandini and her family always made sure to spend lots of time in the garden to feel closer to Varsha and Nandini would water the plants, just like Varsha used to.

Nandini had a smile playing on her lips while she watered the tulips. Nandini remembered the story Varsha used to always tell her about the tulips. When Nandini was little, Varsha would always tell Nandini stories about her and Aarush's love life, and one story consisted of tulips.

Varsha told Nandini the reason why tulips were her favorite flowers. After marriage, Aarush always tried to make Varsha feel special and would bring her gifts, mainly flowers. Aarush didn't know much about gifts and what to give to women, but he knew women liked flowers, but not which ones. Taking a wild guess, Aarush thought women liked tulips and had given them to Varsha. Aarush started thinking Varsha liked them because Varsha would always take them with a smile, so he'd always bring them, at least once or twice a week.

Soon, he asked Varsha if she even liked them or was she getting bored with them. Varsha then replied with, "Do you know what flowers women like?" Aarush cluelessly said 'tulips'. His reply made Varsha laugh and Varsha then told Aarush a secret that she never told him. She told him that she never liked tulips and they were her least favorite flowers. Aarush was shocked but then asked why she never told him.

Varsh then said, "Seeing the time and love you put into the gift, makes me like those flowers. You buy them each time, just for me. I don't ever have the heart to tell you because of the smile you have in your face when I take them from you. Just because of you, these flowers have now become my favorite."

After that day, Aarush always brought flowers for Varsha, every single day, let it be if he is late or tired. He never forgot to bring flowers for Varsha, just to see the smile on her face.

Hearing that story, Nandini learned one thing; a gift is a gift. Let it be small, cheap, or ugly. Take the gift with respect because the person had spent their time, just to get it for you. No gift is bad. And Nandini will always have that thinking and will respect the gift given to her and the person that gave it to her.

•   •   •   •   •

Seeing his wallet on the bedside table, Nandini picked it up. Armaan had left a minute back to go to work but had forgotten his wallet at home.

Nandini was about to run out the room to give it to him as he might be in the driveway still. As she was about to run out the door, a sweet little thought popped up into her brain. "Why are you going to give it to him? Let him come back and get it himself. He acts all arrogant and perfect, thinking he is always on time. Let him be late today." Nandini smirked to herself and patted her shoulder. "Wah Nandini! Tum toh bohot hi smart ho!"