𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

The bedroom door opened, revealing Nandini, who was downstairs, talking to Sunita. Nandini straight headed towards the closet, not even giving a glance to Armaan, who's eyes were glued on her as he put on his watch.

In less then three minutes, Nandini exited the closet, wearing a lose and comfortable mustard colored frock suit. Only frock suits would fit Nandini and they had been the most comfortable, due to her bump. Armaan had now moved to the coffee table and was checking his files, but noticed Nandini had changed and was braiding her hair.

"Where you going?" Armaan couldn't help himself and curiosity had taken over him. Nandini didn't turn towards him but responded. "To my appointment. Maa has found me a doctor here." Armaan's eyebrows furrowed. How did he not know about this? And what appointment?

"When? And what is the appointment for? Is the baby bothering you?" Armaan bombarded her with questions, clearly worried for her. Nandini controlled herself from looking at him, his care doing things to her. But she turned towards him, still braiding her hair, acting like his care didn't bother her.

"It's a regular checkup. They do an ultrasound on the baby to make sure he is okay. And then discuss about diets and stuff." Nandini shrugged her shoulders, having been used to it. Armaan's eyebrow raised, his attention fully on her. "He? You got the gender checked?" Nandini shook her head, clicking her tongue. "No, I don't want to get the gender checked. But I feel like it's a boy, so yea, he." Armaan lightly smiled at her thoughts. "She, Nandini. It's a girl. I know."

Nandini narrowed her eyes at Armaan. "It is not. It will be a he, and I am sure." Nandini attacked him. "No Nandini, it's will be a girl." Nandini wasn't finished braiding her hair but she let go of the braid, putting her hands on her waist. "I'm the one carrying the baby. So obviously I know better. And I know it's a boy." Armaan raised his hands in surrender, shaking his head. "As you say."

Nandini huffed, about to turn around. "And, I'll take you to the appointment." Nandini raised an eyebrow, about to speak, but was cut off by Armaan before she could. "And before you say you can go with a driver, I don't care. If you don't let me take you, I'll show up like last time and stay there the entire time." Nandini's ears perked up at his last statement. "What about work?" Nandini asked, thinking he'd probably say he won't come then.

"I don't care about work. Work can go to hell. But these moments won't come back, and I don't want to miss them. For me, you and this baby or more important then anything else. Especially work." Nandini's heart melted hearing him. She could feel tears forming in her eyes. Due to her pregnancy hormones, she'd start crying even before she felt sad.

Nandini quickly turned around, not wanting to show her tears. "Fine. Go wait in the car while I finish up." Armaan beamed by Nandini's reply. "Alright." Armaan felt excited that Nandini had agreed. He moved towards the door but stopped, going towards Nandini. "And, leave your hair down."

Nandini looked up, to her side, meeting with Armaan's little smile. "No thank you." Nandini said with a sarcastic smile. Armaan sighed, not wanting to ruin his mood, and left the room. Nandini looked where he left, thinking. Her hands on her hair, stopped, as she looked at herself in the mirror.

• • • • •

Armaan smiled, driving, his smile never leaving his lips. He was not only happy because Nandini had let him tag along, but he was even more happy because Nandini had listened to his words and had undone her braid and left her hair down. He couldn't have been more happier.

Armaan stopped the car as they reached the hospital, parking it. Nandini undid her seatbelt, opening the door. Nandini turned towards Armaan when she noticed he wasn't moving. "You aren't coming inside?" Armaan's eyes widened as he looked at Nandini. He had thought she wouldn't want him to come inside, which is why he didn't even ask in the first place. He was content just by driving her here.