𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

Today the sun was beaming throughout the whole sky. Not a single cloud was seen. It was as if it was also excited for today. Why wouldn't it be? Today was the big day. The day two souls would tie the knot.

In the huge palace, all the decorations were top notch. The whole palace was dressed like a bride. There was no reason someone could say anything about the decorations and hospitality. After all, it was the wedding of the biggest businessman in Asia, with the daughter of one of the biggest entrepreneurs in India.

•   •   •   •   •

Inside one of the rooms of the palace, the bride was being all dolled up for the big day. It was one of the biggest day's in a women's life a women could ever experience.

Nandini couldn't believe it was her when she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like a true bride. Her maroon colored bridal lengha fit her perfectly and it was as if it was made for her. It had rusty-golden hand made embroidery in it. The delicate yet elegant jewelry made her look even more beautiful. Especially the matching choora, which adored her mendhi full arms. The nose ring was lightly touching her lips, making her look ethereal.

Her makeup was light, how she likes it, yet you couldn't tell because of her natural beauty. Her long hair was pulled back into a bun with a middle part and had a white gajra around it. And pulling the whole look together and making her look like an actual bride, her veil was perfectly placed on the top of her head.

While she was busy admiring herself, a light knock was placed on the door. Saying a low 'come in', the door opened and walked in the bride's father, all ready to send his daughter off. The moment he saw his daughter he couldn't believe it. He was going to send her off to start her own family. It was as if yesterday the doctor had placed the little baby in his hands, who didn't stop giggling and showing him her toothless smile.

"You look..gorgeous. Just like...how your mom looked like on our wedding day." Nandini gave Aarush a weak smile, knowing she might break down any time soon. Aarush walked up to her and cupped her face. "I can't believe today is actually the day. The day you'll leave me and start your new life." Nandini shook her head and held his hand. "I'm never leaving you. I'm just moving to a new home. I promise, I'll meet you whenever you want me to."

Aarush smiled at his daughter and then noticed her jewelry. "This is the same jewelry that Va-" "That mumma wore to your guys wedding." Nandini finished for him. He nodded, on the verge to cry. This jewelry was special, for not only her, but for Aarush. It was the same jewelry his wife had worn on their wedding day, and years later, their daughter is wearing it too, for her wedding day.

"I wish she was here." Nandini looked down, holding back her tears. "She would've been so proud of you. She gave birth to such a beautiful and amazing person." "Some of the credit goes to you too, doesn't it?" Aarush chuckled at his daughter, who was making these jokes just before her wedding. "Paagal."

The room fell silent and neither one of them spoke. "I'm...going to miss you." Aarush couldn't control himself anymore and his tears fell out. Seeing his tears, Nandini's tears, as if they were prepared, also fell out. "I'm going to..miss you more." She tightly hugged him and didn't want to ever leave him. She wanted to stay in his shadow for the rest of her life. She needed her papa to save her from this cruel world and keep her embraced in his shadows.

Nandini then wiped her tears and also wiped his. "Don't cry. All this expensive makeup will fall off and you guys will be stuck with me again. And we both know, bhai would hate that." Nandini finally managed to get Aarush to laugh. "Speaking of bhai, where is he?" It was quite weird that he wasn't here right now. "He doesn't want to come." Nandini stared at her dad, confused. "He knows he will break down when he sees his sister all decked up to leave him forever. And you know how he hates crying in front of you."