𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒

The mirror reflected back with the image of a gorgeous and happily married women. Nandini grinned while looking at herself in the mirror. The beautiful lengha Armaan had brought for her looked gorgeous on her. It fit her perfectly as if it was made for her.

Nandini wore a beautiful black lengha. It was simple and elegant with only golden work on the sleeves, which reached up to her elbows. It had a v-shape neck with a deep back. The matching dupatta pulled the entire look together. Nandini wore the golden jhumkas Armaan had bought her. She decided wearing only light makeup as Armaan always told her she looked beautiful even without it. And she hated makeup anyways.

Nandini was all dressed up because today she and Armaan had to go to one of his business friend's reception. It was a very short notice but before she could scold him for telling her two hours before they had to leave, Armaan gave Nandini the lengha, shocking her.

Moving to her hair, Nandini started braiding it, wanting to keep it out of her face. "Leave your hair down." Nandini's hands stopped right there as Armaan walked out of the closet, fixing his suit. Armaan halted in his steps as he took in his hoor of a wife. He was awestruck by her simplicity. He really did hit the jackpot.

Nandini's face heated up as she noticed Armaan ogling her. Looking away, Nandini undid her braid. Fixing it, Nandini left her hair down, pushing it behind her ears.

Turning around, Nandini ignored Armaan's gaze as she grabbed her heels. Armaan was putting on his watch while watching Nandini put on her heels. Thankfully, she didn't struggle today and finished putting them on in less then two minutes.

"Okay, I'm ready." Nandini said, getting up and fixing her lengha. "Maybe we should just stay home. I have even better plans." Armaan walked closer to Nandini, eyeing her. Nandini sarcastically smiled and said, "Mr. Oberio, we're getting late right now. If you're done eyeing your gorgeous wife, may we go?" "Let me look at my wife in peace before we go." Nandini shook her head, smiling because of him.

"Armaan, let's go or else we'll be late." Nandini reasoned. "So what?" Armaan wrapped his arms around Nandini's waist, pulling her closer. Nandini tried to push him away, worried they'll be late. "Armaan." Nandini looked at Armaan and Armaan knew he had to listen to her now. "Fine." Armaan groaned, while Nandini smiled, satisfied.

"Shall we go your highness?" Armaan sarcastically said. "We shall." Nandini stuck her hand out like a princess, making Armaan chuckle. Armaan willingly took it, lightly pecking it. "Let's go my beautiful queen."

•   •   •   •   •

Entering the magnificent hall, chaos erupted. It was loud and people were everywhere. Some were eating while others were gossiping and taking selfies in their expensive outfits. Just by entering the hall, anyone could tell it was some rich business tycoon's wedding.

Armaan gave Nandini a look of assurance before they walked inside. Placing a hand on Nandini's back, Nandini settled down. She wasn't the biggest fan of such parties. She was fine with business parties now as they were more serious and formal affairs. But a wedding reception was way to chaotic. Nandini didn't even want a wedding reception for herself, but apparently it was needed.

"It's so loud." Nandini muttered, with a fake smile. "Don't worry. We'll leave as soon as we can." Armaan answered, acting as if he wasn't talking. They were then approached by the parents of the groom, who greeted them and invited them to meet the couple and enjoy themselves.

After meeting with the couple, who Nandini didn't have any clue was who, they both moved towards some businessman of Armaan's. Nandini was already bored and she knew she would get a headache any time soon, due to the loud voices ringing throughout the room. Armaan was even sick of the businessman, but his reason was different. He was having a difficult time talking and keeping his hands off his wife, who wasn't helping him by looking drop-dead gorgeous.