𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

It was a new day. The sun was shining brightly outside. The leaves of the tree and the grass were moving slowly along with the breeze. The colorful flowers were looking even more beautiful.

Nandini finished making the bed and opened up the windows of the room. She looked outside the windows with a huge grin. Beautiful weather had always made Nandini feel good. Her grin died down when she saw Armaan walk out of the closet, fixing the cuffs of his shirt.

After that night, a couple of days back, Nandini had kept her distance from Armaan. Armaan did the same and didn't try to converse with Nandini either. They would just ignore each other and move away when the other would come. And that's what Nandini did.

Nandini looked away and decided to go downstairs. As she was about to leave, she was stopped by Armaan's voice. "Make sure you don't have any plans with your friend today." The way Armaan said 'friend' made Nandini's eyebrows furrow. She knew what he was trying to say but didn't want to drag it. But she couldn't stop herself from talking back to him.

Turning towards him, Nandini crossed her arms against her chest. "Why do you care if I do or don't have any plans with my friend? Who are you to ask that?" Nandini used the same tone Armaan had used. "To begin with, by law, I'm your husband. But we don't have that relationship. So if you used that little brain of yours, you'd understand that I might have a reason why I'm telling you." Armaan also turned towards her and raised his eyebrow.

"Well Mr. Armaan, please grace me with your reason." Nandini said sarcastically. "There is a business party tonight and you have to come with me because everyone now knows that I'm married, and most of the businessmen saw you with me at the last business party." Nandini took a moment to take in all of the new information she had just received.

When she looked up, Armaan was going through a few files which were on the coffee table. "Wait, a business party? Tonight?" "What part didn't you understand of what I had just said. Yes Nandini. A business party. Tonight." Nandini was now getting annoyed of the sarcasm because this was something serious. Well, for her at least.

"Why do you always have to give me such short notices?" Nandini huffed. "I'm so sorry that because of me you have to cancel your plans with your beloved friend." Nandini was now sick of how he was dragging Ayaan into this for absolute no reason. "First of all, Ayaan left two days back. He went back to London because there was some important surgery he needed to be present for. And second of all, I don't have any clothes for this business party. Everyone is dressed so classy there, and sadly, I don't have clothes which would suit the theme."

Armaan didn't listen to the other half Nandini had ranted. He was still stuck at when Nandini had said Ayaan left to go back to London. Yes. He was gone now. The person Armaan did not like was finally gone and finally his wife would stop talking about his existence. He is not here anymore. He is in London. Far away from Delhi. Which meant Ayaan was a closed case in their life, for now.

"Hello!? Armaan?" Armaan's little bubble popped when he heard Nandini. "Huh..!?" He looked over and saw Nandini looking at him with questioning eyes. "Where were you so lost?" "I was celebrating my peace of not having to see your friend's ugly face anymore." Armaan thought. "I was looking at the file. But what were you saying?"

Nandini groaned and said, "I don't have clothes for this business party. Couldn't you have told me earlier!?" Armaan rolled his eyes and closed the file he was holding. He grabbed his blazer and put it on, while saying, "Well that's something you should worry about. You have the whole day to buy something. Go with...Mrs. Oberio and go shopping. I have other things to worry about." The wheels in Nandini's head stopped when she heard 'Mrs. Obreio'. There was no way Armaan had just called his own mother that. It was as if she was only some acquaintance of his.