𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

The pitter patter of the rain caused a huge smile to form on her lips. Like an excited child, Nandini watched the rain drop from the sky and hit the ground. The city felt damp but the smell felt nostalgic. The trees lightly blew along with the wind while rain fell on top of them.

Nandini pulled her dupatta closer to her frame, feeling a bit cold. Sunita, who was passing by, noticed Nandini looking at the backyard through the big glass windows. Sunita lovingly smiled seeing her daughter-in-law. The pregnancy glow made her shine even more then before.

Feeling the caressing on her hair, Nandini turned to the side and flashed a smile to Sunita, who was looking at her with adoration. "You love rain, don't you?" Nandini nodded like a child. "Nandini, ever since you have came back, it feels like everything is better. There is finally life in this house, which left when you left."

Nandini gave Sunita an apologetic smile, knowing she was at fault for some of this. She had taken a hasty decision by running away, not thinking about how it won't only effect her and Armaan but their family too. "And before you start apologizing again, don't. It wasn't your fault. Clearly, Armaan shouldn't have said any of that and if I were in your place, I would've also felt just like you have and probably left him. But you should've told us. But let's put that in the past and think about the future."

Sunita looked down at her bump, lightly placing a hand on it. Nandini grinned down when the baby kicked feeling it's grandmother's touch. Sunita looked at Nandini, surprised, who just chuckled. "Do you want a girl or a boy?" Sunita asked, looking at the bump. "I don't care what gender it is, I just want a healthy baby. But really, I want it to be a boy. Not want, I think it is a boy. You know those mother instincts? Those are telling me that it will be a boy."

Sunita nodded, smiling. "And Armaan?" Nandini rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "He wants a girl. And he is adamant that it will be a girl." Sunita chuckled seeing Nandini's irritated expressions. A month had passed since Nandini had came back and things were slightly changing. Nandini was still mad at Armaan but now she'd give him less of a hard time because he was truly showing how much he cares about her and the baby.

"And what if it is a girl?" Sunita raised an eyebrow. Nandini shrugged her shoulders, already having had the answer ready. "Then I'll make sure she isn't a daddy's girl or else I'll be lonely and she and Armaan will always team up against me. If it is a boy, then it won't be that hard as the boy will obviously be a momma's boy." Nandini grinned at her plan, making Sunita shake her head with a smile.

"That won't be needed because you'll divorce Armaan and get the baby's custody." The smile on Nandini's face vanished, which didn't go unnoticed by Sunita. Sunita had purposefully brought up the topic of divorce, wanting to see if Nandini had changed her mind about it. And by seeing the change in her demeanor, Sunita knew Nandini didn't want it.

Nandini's eyes teared up in seconds as she sniffed. This worried Sunita, making her scold herself for even saying that. "Nandini, I'm so-" "I don't want a divorce." Nandini sniffed, tears rolling down her cheeks. Sunita's eyes widened but she controlled herself from showing her happiness at her words.

"Why? You were the one who had asked for it." Nandini silently sobbed, her hands resting on her bump. "Divorcing Armaan means not having him in my life or being related to him. He'd only be the father of this child. And not only us, but the baby will suffer from all of this. It will have two unstable parents who are separated and will have to split his life in half. And I don't want that. I want Armaan and me to be happy together and give this baby the family it deserves."

By the time Nandini finished, she was a sobbing mess. Sunita felt bad for this poor girl and didn't hesitate to pull her into her embrace. Nandini's sobs died down and turned into hiccups as she felt better with warmth provided. "Nandini, don't worry. You don't have to make any decision right now. You still have two months and in these two months, you'll figure it all out. And this baby, it will get a family no matter what. All of us are its family and we will give it the love it deserves. Okay?"