𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

The new day awakened with a new feeling. The sun hid behind the dark clouds, taking rest for the day. The wind blew heavily, the trees and grass moving along with it. Everyone in their homes shut their windows and doors, not wanting to step out. They knew a storm was headed their way.

Nandini sighed, seeing the weather. She wasn't excited that it was going to rain at all. Nandini felt distressed, sensing something might happen today. A feeling which she rarely ever got.

Nandini came out of her thoughts when she heard the closet door opening. Turning around, Nandini saw Armaan exit the closet and walk up to the dresser. Seeing him all ready to go to work, something started forming inside the pit of her stomach. Armaan seemed to notice Nandini's distressed faced.

"What are you over thinking about now?" Armaan asked, looking at her through the mirror. Nandini blew out a breath, saying, "Do you have to go to work today?" Armaan furrowed his eyebrows and turned towards her. "Why are you asking such a question all of a sudden? You know I go to work everyday."

Armaan looked back at the mirror, fixing his hair. "I don't know. I'm just getting this weird feeling something might happen. And maa and papa aren't home either." Nandini voiced out her thoughts. Sunita and Vikrant had gone to Vikrant's hometown to attend a wedding. They had left yesterday and weren't coming back until two more days.

Armaan sighed, not liking seeing Nandini like this. He walked over to Nandini and grabbed her, pulling her closer. Nandini felt a lot better feeling the warmth provided by him. "You're just overthinking Nandini." Nandini inwardly sighed. "I know." Nandini pouted. "I would've stayed if I didn't have an important meeting. I'm meeting with investors from America."

Nandini nodded, understanding. "If you want, you can come with me and just sit there and roam around." Armaan tried to reason. That was the only idea he had at that moment. "No, I'll be fine. And I don't want to bother you." Nandini couldn't just be selfish and think about herself. "Good because I wouldn't be able to concentrate either."

Nandini looked up, narrowing her eyes at Armaan, who shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry. I'll try to come home early. Probably even before eight." Nandini's eyes lit up hearing that. At least there was that to wait on. "Thank god, yesterday I was so scared during the night to be alone in this gigantic mansion." Nandini huffed, making Armaan chuckle at the relief he saw cover her face.

"I could drop you off at Rishab's home. Does Divya have off today?" Nandini shook her head sideways. "It's fine. Stop thinking about me to much." Nandini pulled out of his embrace. "Now get going so you can come home early." Armaan smiled, moving back and grabbing his watch.

Nandini watched him do all that while standing in the same position, playing with the hem of her dupatta. Just before Armaan could exit the room, Nandini's feet picked up and went after him. "Armaan." Armaan turned around, raising his eyebrow. "I love you." Nandini didn't know what made her say that so suddenly but something inside her told her to.

Armaan smiled lovingly at Nandini, walking back to her. "I love you too." Armaan cupped Nandini's face and placed his lips on her forehead. Nandini melted in his touch, wanting this moment to last forever. But alas, it couldn't. Armaan moved back, smiling at Nandini as he exited the room. Nandini let out a shaky breath, crossing her fingers and hoping the day passes smoothly.

•   •   •   •   •

Nandini walked out of the kitchen after putting away her dishes. She had been bored to death alone in this huge house. The rain soothed her nerves slightly but also increased the stress she was feeling.