𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

The room in front of Nandini looked like chaos to her. The bed still needed to be made. The decorative pillows on the sofa were messed up. Armaan's files were lying here and there after his crazy night of work. His blazer was lying on the sofa as if was nothing, along with his tie.

"Come on Nandini, let's get to work." Taking a deep breath, Nandini started with the bed. Completing the bed, Nandini fixed the sofa and put away Armaan's clothing items. Looking at the coffee table, Nandini exhaled loudly. The hardest job was now left. Fixing his files. Nandini was always hesitant on picking up his files, not knowing which are important and which he needs.

"Someone needs to learn how to be more neat. He acts like he is the cleanliness and most organized man on this planet but can't put away his clothes nor can put away his so-called important files." Nandini ranted off to herself. It was her coping mechanism to bring down her stress.

Nandini put all the files in a pile and then looked over at the loose papers. There were only two and they looked very unimportant, so Nandini decided to throw them away. Grabbing the papers, Nandini went downstairs and threw them away, busying herself with kitchen work, unaware of the chaos that was about to erupt.

• • • • •

"Nandini!" Nandini entered the room, only to find Armaan calling for her. Armaan was all dressed up in formals, ready to go to work. Nandini was surprised to still finding him here. He would usually leave by this time.

"Stop yelling, what happened?" Nandini asked. Armaan looked up at Nandini, finding her standing there all confused. "Did you clean all the files up?" Nandini furrowed her eyebrows, slowly nodding. "Yea?" Armaan sighed out loudly. "And by any chance, did you see any papers that weren't in the files?" Nandini was muddled but again she nodded.

"Where did you put them?" Armaan asked as if he was in a hurry. "Oh those, I threw them out. I thought they were useless." Nandini shrugged her shoulders. Armaan's eyes widened while his mouth hung open at her words. "You what!?" Armaan's demeanor completely changed, his voice boomed. Nandini was shocked by the sudden change in tone. "I..I threw them away.." Nandini said, hesitantly after seeing a change in his behavior.

"Nandini, those were the most important papers out of all of these! They were the official signed contract of the new project that I have been working on!" Armaan's voice boomed. Nandini sucked in a sharp whiff of breath, realizing what she had just done. "I shouldn't have touched those papers!" Nandini scolded herself. But it was to late now. The papers were gone, along with the trash.

"Where..where is the trash?" Nandini froze. "Where is the trash Nandini?" Armaan asked, his voice low and solemn, which scared Nandini. "The trash...it left. The truck came and took...the trash out." Armaan felt like someone had thrown a bucket of cold water at him. He couldn't believe the words that were coming out of Nandini's mouth.

Armaan pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to hold in his anger, but it was hard because this project was important for him. "I'm..I'm sorry Armaan. I didn't know that-" "You're sorry?" Nandini clutched the side of her suit after seeing the dark look in Armaan's eyes. It had been months since she had last seen that look. She had thought she'd never see it again, but she guessed she was wrong.

Armaan took predator-like steps towards Nandini, causing her to take those many steps back. Before Nandini could move even more back, Armaan grabbed Nandini's shoulders, tightly holding them. "You're sorry!? Those papers were the most important thing for me right now! I have been working day and night for this project and just like that, you threw them out!?" Nandini trembled hearing his voice. She herself couldn't believe her stupidity.