𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

It was currently mid-afternoon and a pissed-off Armaan was sitting in the car, waiting right in front of the doors of the mansion. He had been sitting here for the past ten minutes, waiting for Nandini to show up, but it seems like she wants to ruin his day today.

Finally, after what felt like decades, Nandini skipped down the steps, walking towards Armaan's car as if she had all the time in the world. Nandini opened up the car door and without looking at Armaan, sat inside the passenger's seat. But when she did look at Armaan, she saw him glaring at her as if she had created some sin.

"What happened now?" Nandini sighed. At this point it was more normal to see an annoyed Armaan then a happy Armaan. "I have been waiting for you in this damn car for the past fifteen minutes and here miss is showing up late, like always, as if she has all the time in the world." Nandini mentally rolled her eyes and thought, "And here I though he had lost some business deal."

"It's not me who is late, it's you who is always early, like always." Nandini retorted back. "You always mange to be late." Armaan sighed, putting his fingers to his eyebrows. "And you always manage to be early." Nandini said, looking away from him. "Now can we go?" Nandini said after a moment of silence.

"Do you always need to be reminded to put on your seatbelt?" Nandini tightly closed her eyes and cursed herself. She had done it once again. She had forgotten to put her seatbelt on in front of Armaan. Opening her eyes, Nandini grabbed the seat belt and tried putting it on. Again, tried. Her hands were all sweaty and like always, she couldn't put it on under his gaze.

Sighing loudly, Armaan grabbed the seatbelt out of her hands and plugged it in. "I think you should get checked by the doctor. You have something wrong up there." Armaan said, looking straight forward, starting the car. "Well, in that case, I'll make an appointment for two." Nandini said with a sarcastic smile, sarcasm dripping out of her tone.

• • • • •

Nandini exited the car and headed inside the orphanage, followed by Armaan. Armaan had came to pick Nandini to go along with her to an orphanage. Well, there was a reason for that, because obviously Armaan wouldn't have left his work to go to an orphanage.

Armaan was trying find another area to build a building for one of his clients and an orphanage is in a more rural area, which was what they wanted. Armaan had came to check the area out and he had brought Nandini along as she knows how these orphanages work, so he wanted her to convince the owners for selling the property. At first he was against bringing her along, but after lots of convincing from his friends, he knew he should bring her as she always has a way to get what she wants.

"Are you sure you want to buy this property? It looks so beautiful, you're really going to destroy such a beautiful orphanage?" Nandini said, stopping and turning towards Armaan, before entering. "I don't care if it's beautiful or not. I need this property and that's final." Nandini had a strong urge to roll her eyes but just turned back around and walked inside.

"Welcome. You must be Mr. Oberio." A women, in her late forties said, shaking Armaan's hand. "And this beautiful young lady is...?" The women looked at Nandini and then back at Armaan. "My wife." Nandini could not explain how many tingles she felt when those two words left his mouth. It was a very different feeling, a feeling which she liked.

By now, everyone knew Armaan Oberio was married but the media hadn't seen who he was married to. "Hello Mrs. Oberio." Nandini smiled at the lady, shaking her hand, and said, "Please call me Nandini." The women smiled widely and said, "I'm Sonali, owner of this orphanage. And must say Nandini, you're very beautiful." Nandini blushed and thanked her lightly.