𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

Looking outside the window, Nandini grinned. The little droplets that hit the window made her happy. Even though it wasn't a very rainy weather to actually go dance in, it was very soothing. Nandini was feeling relaxed and peaceful.

The warm cup of tea in her hand and the water droplets made peace travel through her body. She was enjoying the calmness around her and liked the silence. Like a little child, Nandini watched two of the water droplets race down the window and she mentally cheered them on. She was still a kid by heart.

While Nandini was doing so, Nandini's phone dinged and she picked it up. Nandini saw there was a message from an unknown number and due to her curiosity, she opened it up. The text message left Nandini both confused and a bit disturbed. It read, "I know you missed me, but don't worry darling, I'm back."

Nandini was confused. Who could text her something like that? The word 'darling' was the only word that made her confused as no one ever called her that. She was never in a relationship before, so it couldn't be some sort of ex who is trying to get back into her life. She had everyone's number who she was close to her in her life already and never lost anyone, so who could she be missing? Maybe it was just a wrong number and the text was meant for someone else.

Nandini texted back, "Sorry, but I think you have the wrong number." Nandini sighed and put the phone back down but it immediately dinged again. Nandini looked at it and saw it was from the same number. She checked and this text it shook her completely. "No, I think I am talking to the right person, Nandini."

Nandini knew she should've blocked the number after that but something didn't allow her to and made her answer the person back. Yup! Wrong move. "If you are so sure, then what is my last name?" Nandini's heartbeat increased when she saw the three dots, indicating the person is typing, after a few seconds.

"Nandini Grover. Not only that, but I know that Aarush Grover, the great businessman, is your father and Jai Grover, the new CEO of Grover Inc., is your beloved brother. You went to school at Delhi's International School and you were a topper. And, you run an orphanage which used be your mother's." Nandini eyes widened and her grip on the phone tightened.

Some unknown person wouldn't know this much about her. It was either someone was pranking her or someone was stalking her. This scared Nandini a lot. Especially because the person, whoever it was, knew about the orphanage and the kids life could be at risk at this moment. She needed to think about who this person was and how to find out.

Nandini made a stupid decision and decided to call the person. Maybe she'd get a hint by listening to the voice. She called the person and not even one ring later, the person immediately declined the call. Nandini stared at her phone and muttered incoherent words under her breath, at the person.

Her phone afterwards dinged and she knew who it was. "Have patience baby, we'll meet soon. Very soon." She looked at the text and huffed. She was very curious now and needed to know at this instance who this person was. She didn't know if this person was just pranking her or was actual danger for her. Guess she'll have to find out somehow.

• • • • •

It was midnight and Nandini was currently waiting for Armaan and was thinking of ways to find about who the unknown text messenger was. Ever since this afternoon, Nandini hadn't received a text from whoever the person was but she still wasn't able to get rid of those thoughts.

Just as she was thinking, the door opened, startling her a bit. She looked up and was relieved that it was Armaan, as if it could've been someone else. Armaan, like always, walked straight towards the bathroom to freshen up.