𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

After that one rainy day, it seemed as if god didn't like the rain so it had been sunny the past few weeks. That one terrible night didn't happen afterwards and both Armaan and Nandini had moved on from it. When Nandini had woken up the next day, she was hella confused on finding herself cuddled with Armaan. She then realized what had happened and was very embarrassed, but thankfully Armaan didn't say anything about the incident and they had moved on from it.

• • • • •

It was five-thirty in the afternoon and Nandini was sitting outside in the garden with Vanraj. Sunita was inside, talking to someone on the phone while Nandini and Vanraj came outside like they normally do everyday.

"Nandini, you haven't went to your orphanage in a while. Is there a reason?" Nandini looked at Vanraj with her mouth agape. "Dadu, how did you know I was going to talk about the orphanage!? You stole the words out my mouth." Vanraj just looked at Nandini with a questioning look. "I mean, I was going to ask if I could go today. I hadn't been there in a while but there are a few ladies who take care of the kids there. But, I really wanted to check on them."

After that one day, Nandini didn't have time to go to the orphanage but she was planning onto today and it seemed as if Vanraj already knew about Nandini's plan.

"That's great. Even though you entertain me a lot, you need to leave the house. I don't want you to just live behind these walls. I want you to live your life like you used to before marriage. I know it's hard for women to keep their normal life after marriage, but I want you to. You do so much for us and never pay attention to yourself. And you don't ever have to ask for permission from anyone, by the way." Nandini's heart warmed when she heard Vanraj's words. Nandini felt blessed to have such loving in-laws. Even though her husband wasn't like them, having them by her side was enough.

"Dadu, I like doing everything for the family. This is my family too now. I do go out dadu, I just didn't have the time the past few weeks." Vanraj understood Nandini's words and nodded. "Well, today you will go out and spend some time wi-" "Dadu!" Hearing the voice, Nandini became confused as she thought she heard wrong, but when she turned around she was left dismayed. Armaan walked towards them in a
quick pace. He was in his work clothes as he had came back from work.

Armaan stood in front of them and had a sort of tensed face. Nandini was befuddled seeing him come home this early. He usually came around midnight but sometimes even eleven pm. Seeing him come home this early just left her a bit shocked.

"What happened dadu? Are you okay? Did something happen? What-" "Hold your horses." Vanraj stopped Armaan, who was bombarding him with questions. "You seem perfectly fine. Why did you call me then? What's the emergency?" Armaan had just came out of a meeting when Vanraj had called him, saying there is an emergency. Before Armaan could have the chance to ask about what the emergency is, Vanraj had cut the call.

"Oh that? I just lied. You wouldn't have came home any other way so I just lied." Vanraj simply shrugged his shoulders while Armaan was left baffled. "So you mean that I left work for nothing? Come on!" Armaan hated missing out on work for useless things and so far, it seemed useless.

Nandini, who had been watching this silently, was still confused on why Vanraj had called him. "I'm going back to work." Armaan turned around to leave but was stopped by Vanraj. "Don't you dare move." Armaan huffed like a little child which seemed cute to Nandini as it was very hard to see Armaan act like this. And only one person could make him act without any arrogance or ego; Vanraj.