Chapter 124 - Largesse

largesse
noun
1. generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others.

"The stage, sets pieces and arena marquee have all been built and painted, with the chairs are being delivered and set up tomorrow. Catering, advanced tech, lighting and sound are all being set up today. Ms Claire will be at the estate for you to run through things with her once you arrive." I was in the SUV with both Patricia and Grant as we head back to the estate after my last class for the week. Two days until my grand fashion show and I'm skipping uni tomorrow. There is still so much stuff to do.

"Who is bringing the merchandise over from lock up at Liberty Building?" I asked, making sure that all my sleep and lounge wear samples and prized possession - the actual reason for the show - was on site.

"I'll get them all this evening. I'll have everything sorted out by the time the models arrive tomorrow afternoon for the dress rehearsal." Patricia is driving as she answers me from the front seat.

"OK, but don't you already have so much on your plate? Why not get one of the security guys over there to deliver them in our new company van?" I asked. Yes, we now own a van or two. Needed to happen and that was why Grant was busy Tuesday past when I was accosted on campus. He was busy picking up the new purchases.

"I can do that." She nodded and kept her eyes on the road as she made a quick call to the team back at the building. "All sorted. Van will arrive quarter an hour after we do." She confirmed.

"Good. But I think we need to hire a new assistant. What do you guys think? I have too much on my plate now and too many balls up in the air. I've already begun working on our next business venture and Mr Anderson is already beginning the preliminary work." I sighed.

"Sounds like a good idea. I didn't like what happened on campus this last week. You need someone with you always." Grant grumbled, then spoke quietly, "And I need a love life." I giggled at him and bumped my shoulder on his.

"I can hear you, you know. Who is it?" I asked him.

"No one." He blushed, his ears turning a pretty pink.

"Oh, come on. Please? Just a name, work, social security number?" I fluttered my eye lashes at him in a joking manner.

"Oi! Don't look at me like that." His blush turned brighter and I was happy for him. He's finally found someone that he fancied.

"I met him when I was picking up the vans this week.' He mumbled then turned to look out his side window, still blushing, but there was a soft smile to his lips. Looks like he is smitten.

"Yay Grant. I hope he's a good one." I then changed the topic back to the assistant requirements and ignored Grant so he could get his red face back under control.

"Patricia, can you begin advertisements for an assistant, someone competent and loyal. I don't care who, male or female, but must be able to keep their mouth shut." She nodded and made a quick note while we were stopped at traffic lights.

"What about Miller? When is your fight scheduled with him?" I finally remembered the marketing guru guy that I had asked her to head hunt.

"He was very reluctant at first, but finally agreed to a fight next week after the show." She confirmed the schedule for roping in out new marketing guy.

"Good." I replied, happy with these developments.

"Have you sent invitations to Teresa and Carlie Abernathe? Make sure they are coming please. VIP spots next to the parental units." I asked Grant next to me.