Chapter Forty Five - Rambunctious

rambunctious
adjective
1. uncontrollably exuberant; boisterous

My new maths class was advanced maths with a strong accounting focus. This was perfect for me as I will be taking papers in this at uni next term. I make a note to email the teacher to ask for further reading material and extra curricular workbooks that he could suggest for me. I did no accounting or maths papers when I last went to university. This is the very reason why I am now pushing myself to learn. If I'm going to build my own business empire, I need know the maths to count the money.

This is also why I am dragging Grant to take accounting and finance papers at uni, so he can cover the aspects of business accounting that I wont have time to learn. I hope he can then teach me what I don't know after he graduates.

Although the maths class is difficult for me, I am confident I can pick up what I need to learn as a foundation for my uni courses, but I do not believe I will gain any unit credits for this class as two months is not long enough to pass the whole course.

Art painting class is fun, so much fun in fact I made some new friends. Teresa and Carlie Abernathe are both seniors in my class that I knew from 'before'. I took this class the first timeline and really had a lot of fun with not a lot of effort needed. For my painting assignments and assessment work, all of it can be done during my class time here at school. I chose to take it, one for the friends I will make, and two to fill in the time. With so much else going on right now, studying English, art history, business studies, accounting maths and getting ready for uni, on top of running my own business and creating a new product... Having a fun and easy class is just what I need.

So, my new friends. Meet Carlie and Teresa. Both are twins from a mid to wealthy family with no real power in this city. Their family power on their father's side is based in Australia where their father owns and operates a big print and online media company and a few publishing houses. By the time these two girls finish their media arts, journalism and political science degrees at university, their father would have branched out into TV and radio studios. Hello, media contacts anyone?

Carlie is a rambunctious, incredibly outgoing girl with gorgeous golden locks and green eyes. She will be studying to become a film maker but eventually get into acting once she finishes uni. She becomes famous for a number of short films that hit it big at Carns Film Festival in Spain in a few years time.

Her twin sister is almost completely opposite her. Teresa, with light blonde hair and blue eyes, is a fun person when she is standing on her own, but when compared next to her twin sister, she is serious as all series gets. She will be working as a journalist once she graduates and takes on the political beat for online and print media locally. I could see her becoming a managing director of one of his large media companies when she's older and more experienced.

With the father they both have, even with the divorce and their mum's relocation to Mt Sommers City, it is no wonder they become so successful and famous when they grow up.

"Hello everyone. My name is Lily Twice, I am new here at Mt Sommers Private School." The teacher has actually asked me to stand up in front of the class and introduce myself. As my new classmates all begin working on easles spread throughout the room, I balance on one crutch and say hi.

"I've been involved with sports and the arts for most of my life. Now with my infamous sports career down the drain, I'll be turning to business and the art for a future in curating when I finish university. Please to meet you all, and I hope that you can all take good care of me."

"Of course we will. Please take a seat down the back by the twins."

"Oh, thank you. I'll do that." I hobble back towards the entrance of the classroom where I had left my bag and other crutch when I arrived.

"Alright everyone. Today we're going to be looking at the contrast of different lighting sources on a subject and which tools are best for portraying each type of shadow produced. Please get out your pencils, water colour pallets and take one oil pigment and utensils that you will need. Start with a canvas wash for your base oil and let it sit aside under the heat lamp before beginning on the other exercises for today." Mr Rasche was a bit of an eccentric soul who's family line he could trace back to early noble Germany, a fact he liked to tell everyone who would listen. Although he taught art, he wasn't as 'creative' as my art history teacher, mainly because he is just such a damn amazing painter and much too busy for dressup.

"Hi I'm Teresa, she's Carlie. We're twins in case you didn't notice. Not identical, but fraternal."

"I think she can see that, Teresa." These twin girls were straight away playing tricks on me. The darker blond girl that introduced herself first was actually Carlie and the inflection in the other's voice when mentioning names is actually Teresa.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ayva." I roll my eyes while they take a moment to digest what I'd just said.

"Ayva, hahaha. Good one." Teresa is giggling as she's obviously done her homework on me. Carlie is still trying to figure out the joke.

"She's Ayva's new step sister. Hee hee hee. She obviously knows which one of us is which." She turns to me and points to the easel nearby. "That spot is free, you can use that. Um. Sorry for playing jokes. Carlie likes to play games a lot. We don't mean anything by that."

"Hey, no skin off my back. Play all you want. But the darker blond is always Carlie."

"Oh, you've married into the Overmeyer family?"

"Hush, Carlie. Don't spill it out. We don't need a political incident on our hands in here."

"What? I don't get it?" I move myself and my gear over to the free easel and look back at the confused Carlie and shrug at her.

"My new step sister and I do not get along so well. I think she's been telling everyone some nasty things about me here at school so your sister is trying to keep this a cat fight free zone. Is that right?" I ask Teresa.

"Yes, and we don't care who you are or what you have or haven't done. We're just here to paint. Pretty simple. So keep it that way, please."

"Oy, don't be so rude to her, Teresa," Carlie frowns then smiles as I start laughing.

"No, I totally agree. There should be a sign on the classroom wall or something. Or t-shirts maybe that we can put on when we arrive in here? 'No Cat Fights Allowed.' What do you think?"

"Yeah, might just work." They laugh then Carlie shows me where to find my paint, utensils and the three canvas boards I need for the art exercises today.

"I think we're going to get on with you really well, Lily." I smile at Teresa as Carlie nods in agreement.

"I think we definitely will."