Chapter Twenty Two - Culmination

culmination
noun
1. the highest or climactic point of something, especially as attained after a long time
2. the reaching of the meridian by a celestial body

"Is big Sis knee owie?" a sweet little voice asked quietly, gently waking me up.

"Yes, she had a big fall and hurt her knee. She will stay here for a few days so the Doctors can mend it. So be careful, OK squirt?"

"I got it. Big owie. Is she gonna wake up now?"

"Sshhh, let her sleep, her body is sore and needs to heal."

"I'm awake and need my nuggle bunny. Did my widdle nuggle bunny come for cuddles?" I slowly sit up with mum's help as Wallace lifts Jac-jac onto the hospital bed. "There you are. How's my nuggle bunny this afternoon?"

"Hungwee," he states then pats my cheek carefully. "Big owie?" he asks gently.

"Big owie," I nod in return. "But Dr Styles and his friends are going to make my owie better. How about a cuddle," I ask, holding my arms open wide. He nods and smiles and moves into my arms for a hug. I hold him for a long time, murmuring funny stories in his ear to keep him entertained while Mum and Wallace sort out our evening meal. Wallace brought back Thai takeaways I think. It smells heavenly and its not long before Jac-jac wriggles out of my arms to go see if he can beg for something to eat.

As we eat our dinner in my little VIP hospital room, my mum and Wallace speak to me again about what the Doctors have decided on for my knee surgery. Then they tell me that between mum and Wallace, there will be someone with me during the day time but I didn't like that idea.

"Wallace, I know you and mum work really with your respective companies. If it is OK, could you ask Mrs Hepburn and Grant to come and help me out here during the day time? I don't want you both to get any more stressed than you already are. And I like Mrs Hepburn, she was really kind to me yesterday. Grant is neat too. If he doesn't mind hanging out with a teenager, I'd enjoy hanging out with him."

"OK, I'll ask Mrs H and Grant if they wouldn't mind giving you a hand. Mrs H can bring you meals as well so that will ensure you get the calories your Doctor has ordered you eat more of." Wallace then picks up Jac-jac from my bed and swings him around the room.

"We'd better get going then, gotta get this little man into bed." I turned my phone on and realised it was almost nine o'clock at night.

"Night Mum. Night Wallace. Give me a kiss little Angel." Wallace 'flew' Jac-jac over and we managed an upside down kiss together.

"See you tomorrow mum." My mum wasn't staying. It took the better part of dinner to convince her not to stay the night with me. Shes just got married and was finally living full time with her baby boy. I didn't want to take that away from them.

I was left immobile and up to my own devices. Time for some computer work.

"Ohhhh, actually, time to pee." I called for the nurse and Betty arrived and helped me out with my little bladder problem. One bed pan later and I was ready to get to work.

I had told Wallace this morning at breakfast that my business plan was almost complete, but in reality it was finished middle of last week. I spent most of my school study classes researching what I needed and typed up the report. I spent time editing it then sent it through an online spell check before I went shopping with Mum on Friday.

Tonight's homework was to go over it one last time, before I sent it to him at his company address. Even though I ended up in hospital today, I told him I'd send it tonight, and I wanted to keep my word, just to prove to him that I was really serious about this project.

I spent half an hour reading over it again the business plan for this Arts and Antiques App, then nodded, satisfied with how it looked and read. I checked my projected start-up costs and budget once again, then took a deep breath and sent it off to Wallace's email.

All done. For that business plan, at least. Rebirther, remember. I have quite a few ideas for businesses that I could start up and sell to the highest bidder. A whole desktop folder full of them. Well, not actually on my desktop, but you do have to go via that folder if you want to find where I'm hiding all my little goodies. My soon-to-be hacker friend at my new school could probably find my secret computer files in a flash. But for now, they are secure enough.

Speaking of my hacker friend...

I pull up my social media page and send him a friend request. I know he wont accept, but it will give him a heads up for who I am when I do finally get out of this hospital room and off to my new school.

Once that friend request is sent, I send him a private message asking if he can leak the CCTV video of my acrobatics session from this afternoon at the mall.

[Black Phoenix here. Could you please drop this video somewhere conspicuous without a trace. Frackers need to pay. $100 when its done, $50 up front.] I attached the file, an online game credit of $50 for a gaming platform that I know he uses, then hit send.

Two minutes later I get a reply.

[Done], with a link attached. The link leads me to the school social media page that everyone supposedly uses. He uploaded it using an account of one of the guys in the video.

[Hahahaha! Bloody hell, that was awesome.] Yeah, I knew this guy was good. Before I'd even seen the whole two minute CCTV video again, it had been shared more than twenty times. I paid him the extra $100 online game credit then sat back and watch the fireworks.

[Beautiful, Just beautiful.] I message back. Then I was done for the night.