Chapter Eighty Three - Honcho

honcho
noun
1. a leader or manager; the person in charge
verb
1. be in charge of a project or situation

"Where are we off to next Boss?" Grant asked. We're back in the car and heading into the city towards down town. At this time of the day, rush hour has just passed, so the traffic isn't too crazy.

"We're off to get my company legally signed over to me as the official CEO."

"We should celebrate! How about I book us in..."

"No!" Both Patricia and I call it, at the same time. We don't want to go to any karaoke bar. Ever really.

"I call dibs on buying us all lunch." I say, thinking about how nice it will finally be to actually run my own business officially.

Mr Anderson was very obliging, giving us a last minute appointment when I had Patricia call his office first thing this morning. He knew it wouldn't take him long so he kindly fitted us in between two other appointments.

"Good morning, Ms Twice. Its lovely to see you, but I thought you were healing well enough that you didn't need your crutches?" Mr Anderson's offered us drinks as we sat down.

"I'm OK. We wont take up too much of your time. Thank you very much for fitting us in. I had another small miss-hap last night and twinged the knee a little. Dr Styles told me to stay off it for another week." I huffed a breath, but I smiled to let my lawyer know that I wasn't too upset about it all. We didn't go into any details regarding Eyva's accident. He wasn't family, so he didn't really need to know.

"So, you're here to legally take over the CEO position of your company." He pulled the appropriate forms and letters for me to sign and initial. He also signed and initialled and then he pointed out where his new role extended to now, the new parameters of his position as my lawyer.

"You are now legally bound by law to take all responsibilities with everything with regards to your business. The power of attorney no longer stands, this has been cancelled and I can in no way or form carry out any of the actions that the power of attorney gave me the power to do. Congratulations, Ms Twice. You are the proud owner of Pyrus Projects. I look forward to seeing how you grow your company." The elder gentleman stood up from his desk and came around to shake my hand. We all thanked him again for what he'd done and I handed him over a thank you gift. It was a complimentary gift card for dinner for two at the Old Gold Hotel's revolving restaurant.

He looked really pleased with this. He then handed over an expensive bottle of Champaign.

"I understand you are now of legal age to drink this. May you enjoy it as you celebrate with your team. Congratulations again. So what do you have in store for the immediate future? Your first project is doing well, I understand."

"Yes, the Antiques & Arts App, its been slow going. The ad campaign just kicked in and the purchase downloads have grown a lot. Speaking of this App. I may have sold it. To Wallace Overmeyer's company." I smiled wryly and handed over the formal letter of offer that Wallace gave me last night for my birthday.

"This is?" Mr Anderson asked, then froze when he saw the offer and its amount. "Oh, yes. That is something." He then looked up at me, probably wondering if I was going to lose my head over receiving so much money and spend it all in one go.

"I've briefly discussed it with my team and we've decided to accept Wallace's offer. To be honest, it is about two million over my expected value for the App. I am pleased with this amount." All three of us nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I see." I think he was still a little shocked and we all laugh. "I will make arrangements with your step-dad's company and make sure the whole project is handed over appropriately. Is there anything else I can help you with today, Ms Twice?" His voice sounded a little bit higher in tone. I think he was hoping that I wasn't going to spring another shock to his system like this big one.

"No, that will be all today, Mr Anderson." I smiled, then I decided that the Champaign needed to be shared, here and now. "I'd like to take the time now to give a toast, if you will, Mr Anderson." I know that drinking alcohol at this time of the morning wasn't kosher, but you know, we were celebrating to the success of my business and the Champaign was just given up to the worthy cause.

"Yes, lets. I'll have my secretary bring in a few flute glasses." And that was what we did. We each had a glass – Patricia had an apple juice that kinda looked like the wine – and we all raised them together.

"To Pyrus Project and your ever growing list of demands, wealth and creative projects." Mr Anderson was the first to give a toast. We all laughed and drank. The bubbly wine was rich and sweet and I took a note of the label to remember for the future.

"To Lily and her brilliant mind!" Grant gave a toast.

"To us, may we grow Pyrus Projects as large as we can." Patricia smiled and we all joined her specific toast. Then I had a think about things and raised my flute glass.

"To making this life time greater and more successful than the last." I smiled at my weird toast, but Patricia nodded in understanding and raised her glass and we all followed suite.

"To us!"