Chapter Twenty Nine - Prescience

prescience
noun

1. the fact of knowing something in advance; foreknowledge

I was home by the next afternoon, all tucked up in my white and pale blue room with my good-fortune koi fish watching over me. I look up to them, blow them a kiss and ask for their blessing.

"I'll need all the help I can get, living in this home now."

Mrs H has been to call on me a few times since I came home earlier, and I'm expecting her husband or even Grant to help me out of bed and into a specially designed wheel chair for me to get to dinner.

But currently, I'm alone. This is the largest stink of alone time I've had that I wasn't sleeping, since the day I went to the mall. Feels like weeks ago.

I pull out my phone and find a pending transaction on my bank account for $500,000. I had asked mum to bank the cheque from the Chalmers on my behalf. $500,000! I'm really happy about this, it means that I can pay my programmer much more than I was planning, and I can begin work on planning for my next two projects. I don't plan on starting anything until after this first business sells, as I will be to busy to juggle the various balls up in the air. School, physio, Arts and Antiques App and University applications. My plan is to be accepted into the local uni, as I will save myself a lot of money and hassle if I live here at home.

The last timeline I had moved away from home to go to university and that didn't work out so well for me. Apart from having trouble follow me out of town, I ended up in horrible situations with people who I thought were my so-called friends. Not to mention a certain Prince Channing...

"Hmmm..." I look up at my koi fish again, then nod my head. There is one other thing that I'd like to focus on again this time around. There were two or three people who I want to pull into my gravity well, take them under my wing, so to speak. And one of them has a date with destiny tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken.

"Hmmm... I'll have to figure out how I'm going to get to them first before the other party does, or I may lose out of an incredible resource in the form of personnel." I flick my hand and click my fingers.

"Grant. He should be available." I pull out my phone and send him a text.

[What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?] I quickly send him the answer. [A stick. You free night after tomorrow to help me with a project?]

[Hahaha, yes I'm free. Where we going?] was his reply.

[Who says we're going anywhere? I might just want to stare at your gorgeous face. I mean, who has eye lashes like yours? Who.]

[Jealous much?]

[I scorn you, scurvy companion.] I giggled at that, wondering if he'd get the reference. A moment later...

[I had to look that one up. Shakespeare. But my eyelashes are still longer than yours.]

[Philistine! See you tomorrow, if not before then.]

[Adios!] I smile. I really enjoy this happy Grant. 'Before', he was a miserable piece of works, but most of that was my younger self's problem. I shake those sad memories away.

I spent the next few hours before dinner reading up on investments, shares and the stoke exchange. It is a whole lot more complicated that it first looks. But I'm fairly certain I can remember four major companies that are currently in their start up phase, that would benefit from an early injection of cash for a long term investment. I'd make a killing starting out at the beginning of their rise to fame and glory. If I purchased shares in each of their companies now I wouldn't have to work as soon as ten years down the track. Not that I can foresee beyond the next six years. So I need to get onto this now while the getting is good.

But the stoke exchange, I'm not so sure about. I think it is a learning curve I don't want to climb and it gets messy with all that money changing hands. I decide to stay out of that, for now. Mostly because I've never had an interest and didn't follow the trends the first time around. What a wasted opportunity, if only I'd known that I'd be reborn back in time.

But that makes me wonder about the other things I know about from my previous timeline. Major crimes? Property value changing? Fashion trends? World disasters? Amazing inventions?

Oh, the mind just boggles.

Pages and pages of notes later and I think I have enough to keep me busy until Jesus comes back. I mean, just take fashion alone. There are three or four fashion trends that the industry will dictate that gives me an opening to prepare and sell my own line to match those trends. I can be years ahead in preparation, get all the clothes design and made, ready in a warehouse somewhere for release to the public when the time is right.

Property and land values. There is a mall planned for north west of the city that a new transport hub will be built for. The land around the mall and transport hub will sky rocket when those plans are finalised. Because I already know where that mall is going to be built, I know what property to buy then off sell when its at a premium.

Inventions? Honestly, this doesn't interest me so much so I think I'll skip it. But world disasters, yes. I can set up a non-profit for buying disaster relief supplies, specific to the disasters that happen nationally in the next six years.

Flooding up in the far north, where clean water and dry food will ease suffering and over 200 deaths. Animal rescue workers to help the thousands of animals who get caught up in it and never get out. Then there's a summer fire that devastates the outskirts of a major city down south and an orphanage gets burned to the ground. Lastly, a small earth quake rocks a coastal community and knocks out two bridges that delay relief supplies. I think pedestrian bridges available for use in a warehouse or farm nearby will help get supplies in by hand, even if vehicles couldn't get across.

By the time Mum and Jac-jac arrive in time to take me to dinner in the sun room, I've planned and organised myself to a stand still.