Chapter Twenty Six - Importune

importune
verb
1. harass (someone) persistently for or to do something

"Oh my Goddess!" I groan as Liam and the guy who hit me in the boobs arrived in my hospital room. I cover up my face then realise I'm half naked and quickly pull a hospital sheet over my waist and thighs. I didn't mind it when it was Grant and the nurse, but these guys, nope. Not happening.

"You need to leave, she isn't taking visitors."

"Just give us a moment with her, Grant. It wont take long."

"Grant, don't leave. Nurse Betty, could you please call security?"

Nurse Betty takes one look at me and probably thinks she doesn't want to get involved with any teenage squabbles. I give her a stern look.

"This is the guy that threw me over the railing and beat my friend up!" I practically yelled while pointing to Grant's bruised face. "I don't feel safe with them in the room, please make them leave. I'm scared they will hurt me again. I don't want to get beaten up."

Actually, I was pretty certain they were here to apologise and not lay a finger on anyone, but I was going for broke. The frackin monkey pissers could work hard to get what they wanted.

"No, were not here to cause trouble." Liam raised his voice to match mine.

"Then why the hell are you here yelling at me?" I yelled louder and that caused Nurse to make a call on the phone in my room. The guy next to Liam tried to stop her, Grant tried to get passed them to reach the door but was stopped by Liam and when Nurse Betty lost her balance and fell on the bed I screamed.

"Ahhhhh!" The door banged open and Wallace walked in with Jack in his arms.

"What's going on in here!" He bellowed. Everyone froze. Jack was frightened and started screaming.

His crying set me off and I sobbed holding out my arms to Wallace.

It was a messy few minutes with Grant taking Jack out of the room, security arriving shortly after and the guys having to explain to Mr Overmeyer out in the hallway outside the room what they had tried to accomplish arriving so early in the day and causing havoc in the room of his step daughter who had just come out of surgery. Nurse Betty stayed with me until it was all sorted.

"I'm Ok, just upset they started throwing around their weight like they freaking owned the place. I mean, I'm in my under ware for crying out loud."

Not that would bother me too much. Rebirther here. I'd spent enough time in a hospital the first time around, and not the nice kind of VIP hospital with the double beds and hotel furnishing. Nope. A mental institute that held very little regard for their inmates. Dignity and privacy was a thing of the past. So little boys seeing my goods, meh. But right now, I was a teenaged girl and clothing and being clothed was a major issue for this age. So I played my part.

Nurse Better helped me get into my Kimono dressing gown that my mum had delivery with my overnight bag. Once I was resituated comfortably, she helped me set up breakfast on an over bed table. Coffee, cereal, yoghurt and fruit. There was enough for four people so I offered Nurse Betty a bottle of juice and asked her to stay with me until my step dad was back in the room.

Wallace arrived with Grant and my little Angel boy. I held out my arms again like a spoiled child and Jack was placed gently onto my lap.

"Ohhh, I missed you so much." I snuggled him and smelled his curly hair. I loved his smell. I always remembered how he smelled, even years after his death 'before'.

"Did you miss me?" I asked kissing his cheeks.

"Ah-ha. Yep I did. But your knee is owie and mummy said the doctor was opewating on it. Did it get better yet?"

"They fixed the broken parts but I still have to heal. See, my knee is still in bandaged. I can't walk until it heals and get stronger. Will you help and look after me until it gets better?"

"Yup, yup. I can do that. How about now? Do you need another drink?" He picks up a bottle of OJ and passes it to me. I shake my head, but open it anyway, knowing he would be more interested in a juice than me right now.

"How about you, do you need another drink."

"Yup, yup. Fankyou." He leans back into my body and drinks the oversized bottle of orange juice while I watch he doesn't drop or spill it.

"I had a little talk with your new school friends..." I snorted. Friends from a school I haven't started at yet. He raised an eyebrow, challenging me to be good. "They didn't intend to cause further trauma by visiting this morning. They were here to apologise."

"You realise they came in here, demanded everyone leave, then stopped Grant from getting help or my nurse from calling security. They were railroading, and you know it." I wanted to huff and cross my arms like a puerile child, but with Jac-jac in my arms, that was hard to pull off.

"Yes, yes. Come on, Lily. You didn't make things easy for them either, over reacting like you did, you're more mature than that." I hate it when he pulls me up on my shit.

"You're right. But they beat up Grant then accidentality threw me over the banister to drop two stories. If I hadn't..."

"Enough." He quietly but sternly cut me off.