Chapter Fourteen - Elucidation

elucidation
noun
1. explanation that makes something clear; clarification.

"Lily, Lily! Liiiiily! Ooof!" Jack ran screaming at the top of his cute little lungs then banged into the bed and fell on his but. Even he couldn't reach to climb on. I quickly peeped my head over the edge of the bed where he was sitting, looking up at the huge monster bed, probably wondering how to get up.

"I think we need a stepping stood, buddy. What do you think? Or a ladder? Hmmm..." I match his thinking face, you know the one where they scrunch their lips to the side and tilt their head. That one, but imagine it a thousand times cuter – yeah, just perfect.

"I fink a step stool. Then I can use it in the barfroom too." Oh my Goddess. He's gone and killed me with cuteness.

"Oh, that's a great idea. What colour?" I ask him, trying not to giggle when mum quietly arrives in my room. Jac-jac pulls himself up holding onto my blankets and I pretend he's pulling me off the bed instead.

"Woah, woah." I plonk down on the floor and catch him up into a cuddle.

"I think gravity is gone upside down, I better hold you so you don't fall up."

"Hee hee hee. Grav... gavinty?" He scrunches his face up again as he lays in my arms.

"Gra-vi-tee. Its what keeps us from falling off the world, keeps us walking on the ground."

"Like a tiger or a lion?"

"You know, some animals like birds can fly even with gravity coz they have special superpowers."

"Like superman?"

"Yup," I nod my head to match his nodding head. "Anyway, what can I do for you, my little Angel."

"Call me Jac-jac. Breefist time. Mama called us for breefist."

"Oh, yummy. I love breefist time." I use his cute word for 'breakfast'.

We both turn to watch Mum laughing at our antics at the door.

"Mummy, I found Lily for breefist." He gets up and runs into her arms.

"Yes you did, come on, lets go." I put on a light pale blue kimono dressing gown on my way out of the room and walk with them to breakfast.

The family dining room is on the same floor as the family living quarters in a lovely round spacious sun room with large arched windows. The space is filled with tall potted plants with wide tropical leave, with others holding beautiful large moth orchids. Cloth seats sit around a classy mosaic table, it is a perfect place to start the day.

The table is laid out with mum's and my favourite foods, cereal, toast, fruit and yoghurt. Best of all I didn't have to make any of it myself. I pour myself a coffee as mum pours everyone an orange juice. Jac-jac made a fuss about sitting between me and his mummy, so we're both taking turns to help him feed himself.

"I don't see Eyva this morning. Is she still sleeping?" I didn't want to ask the question and I'm glad Mum did.

"She's sleep in until midday on a Sunday, then I think she's off with her friends to the club." Wallace explains. The club is literally the country club that they are exclusive members of. It is where Eyva and all her cronies spend their weekends together, golfing, horse riding, or swimming. I hate it there, mainly because it is her turf and she runs everything to her specifications.

"What are you going to do today, Lily?" Wallace asked. I smile at him and answer.

"I'm transferring school this week, so I think I need to the mall for some shopping. I have a few clothes that might be suitable, but not enough. I also need download the book and stationery list and buy what I don't already have, as well." I finish speaking and spread copious amounts of this yummy strawberry preserve on my toast. So good.

With how wealthy Wallace is, it doesn't surprise me that he has incredible quality foods in his house. But I have to give it to the man, he sure knows how to pamper his new wife. Already I can see new jewellery adorning her wrist and ears, and he's attentive to her needs and wants. I know they have know each other for years now, but its lovely to see my mum so well taken care of after so many years of her struggling. OK, enough of that. Take a deep breath.

"Honey," mum calls to gain my attention. "Do you need any money for your shopping trip?"

"Oh, no. I have a little bit of savings left and a new business venture in development. I think I'll be OK for today, but things might be a bit tight until I can get things off the ground."

"Business venture?" She asks. Wallace is also intrigued and asks for more clarification.

"Umm... Do I need to have you both sign an NDA before I go talking about this?" I ask cheekily and giggle when their faces get all serious. That's when I know I can trust them to keep mum about it all.

"OK, just joking. If you promise not to say anything nor repeat what I'm about to share with you, I'll take your verbal agreement as your word. How's that?" I ask and help peel some more fruit for Jack.

"Yes, we both promise not to say anything nor repeat what you are about to share with us." They both speak at the same time and I can see the humour in Wallace's face, like he's speaking with a child and agreeing to their childlike demands.

"OK, well I've been kicking around an idea of creating an app that is largely database heavy with the intention of helping clients identify their works of art and family treasures and its rough monetary value. It wont be able to take the professional roll of a qualified valuator nor antique dealer, but it will give families and laymen an opportunity to find out a base value for their art and antiques before they go and sell it to a pawn shop or get ripped off by dodgy dealers." This app idea isn't new to me, just something that I've stolen from an art history professor who will come up with the idea in about fours years time. His app gets off the ground and sells by the millions because of some great social media campaigns that were developed by his marketing team.

I plan on doing the same.