Chapter 143 - Comprehensive

comprehensive
adjective
1. including or dealing with all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.
noun
1. a comprehensive school.

"Just to let you know, Big Brandon has fired the club manager for his actions yesterday and relocated him out of the city to another branch. Brandon also sent over the new vehicle with it's ownership papers this morning and the deed to the club that guy used to manage." Wallace pulled out a document wallet with papers and details of the car and club along with a set of keys for the car and club. I took them but waited until Wallace was finished talking before reading through it all.

"The club is newly renovated and was being managed by his guys. I've taken the liberty to employ a club manager and accountant for you and Sunny. The club is clean, no under aged drinking, drugs have been clean up, and the gambling license is being put on hold – that was my decision until you turn 21 and can legally gamble. Everything else has been taken care of. The legal documents are all in your folder." He pointed to the paper work now in my hands. I nodded in agreement for all he'd sorted out for us and was a little surprised that me managed to get it all done in less than a day, but then again, this is Wallace Overmeyer we are talking about.

I passed the folder and keys to Patricia and she took out the duplicate copies and handed those to Sunny. The ownership and share of the profits clearly stated mine and Sunny's names as equal division of everything. Sunny was looking a little shell shocked at this point.

"I think it would be wise to keep this under wraps that you both now own the place. Just let your new manager and his team do all the work. Its a good bar in a great location. If you decide after you turn 21 that you'd like to manage it yourselves, then by all means, go ahead." Wallace continued to speak.

"Big Brandon also handed me a bank card with the pin asking me to pass it on to my, and I quote – "Princess'. He didn't stipulate the amount of the card but it should be clean as he wouldn't be stupid enough to pass on money from his underhanded dealings to me or mine.' I took the card from Wallace and also send it onto Patricia. She'd have it placed in an account of mine somewhere.

"Lily and Sunny – that will be the end of that. Him and his guys will not approach either of you. We will not make any further trouble for him. Slate is cleared. Understood?" Wallace spoke firmly and both Sunny and I nodded quickly at him, like chickens pecking rice.

"Good." He smiled. He then turned to Patricia and Grant and spoke briefly to them about the aftermath of the online smear campaign against me and Eyva on the weekend. They spoke back and forward a bit clarifying things and which law firm was dealing with things for us on Wallace's behalf.

I sat there thinking about the whole thing with that gang leader and his club manager. I remembered Wallace's order yesterday to not get involved with anyone in the underground and to leave everything like that to him – his words rang soundly in my memories. It was a very good idea and sound advice. Wallace Overmeyer was a great business leader, and it would be totally normal for him to have dealings with people from all walks of life. It made sense to leave all of that dark side of city and dealings to him. Perfectly fine with me. I'd have no idea what I'd be getting myself into anyway.

But this whole incident came at such a strange timing. I have had no dealings with anyone in the under ground scene, not this life or the last. Granted, that gang club manager could have approached Sunny just because she was beautiful, but what powerful man didn't already have tons of willing beautiful ladies around them. She shouldn't be anything special to a power hungry moron like that man. This only seemed to happened after Sunny was in my show at the Overmeyer estate. I might just be jumping at conspiracy theories but it all seemed to match up time-wise.