Chapter 136 - Retrospect

retrospect
noun
1. a survey or review of a past course of events or period of time.

After my step sister dropped that bomb on our date night, I thought about Eyva and her overseas trip the rest of the week, while also fielding calls for orders of my new luxury clothing line. I was sad, about Eyva leaving, not the orders, but at the same time I was happy that she was going out into the big side world to find herself, and decided to buy her a going away gift. I took a long time trying to find something she could use for her travel and get it to her before she left. She is all set for a Friday night flight to Italy where her mum is now living.

At our Monday night's coffee house date, Eyva said she wasn't sure what to think about her mother. The lady had left her as a little girl in the care of a man whom the woman probably knew wasn't Eyva's real blood related father. I thought back to how she looked a little lost when she spoke of her mother.

The new Eyva 2.0 usually came across indifferent and carefree but, I of all people know what it is like to not be wanted, to be lost in the crowd and wonder where I'll ever fit in. For me, this lifetime has become a lot easier, especially since a certain wicked witch and white lily has lost her memory. Even so, I could still guess what Eyva was going through and thinking about with regards to her family. Speaking about her trip, Eyva said she wouldn't stay with her mother for long, but would head over to New Zealand and Australia and tour for a while.

I decided on buying her a high end branded camera. I know she could probably buy her own, but I wanted to do this for her. I was sitting in class, searching online for the gift, when I received a message from Jackson.

[Jackson: Hey Lily. Thanks for the work last weekend. Can I ask you if you have any more work for me?]

[Black Phoenix: We open the café in a few weeks time and I can hire you as eye candy. Can I put you in touch with our café manager?]

[Jackson: Yes please.]

[Black Phoenix: Can I ask what this is about? You, know. Friend asking.]

[Jackson: Sunny got into trouble with a car accident on her bike, causing damage to the other guys car. She didn't do it though. They don't believe her, making her pay. We'll get it sorted, thanks anyway.]

[Black Phoenix: Let me know if you need any help. I'd like to rope Sunny into becoming my personal assistant. I'll email her the job application. Hope it works out.]

[Jackson: Thanks.]

When class finished, I went to the local electronic and photography store to pick up the camera I'd decided on for Eyva's going away gift. It was a camera capable of quality video and came with an attached mic and hand held tripod. I bought it in white – looked really snazzy, and bought her a Tiffany & Co camera carry kit in the trademark aqua blue. It should match her Tiffany and Co travel luggage perfectly, she really is all matchy-match.

On my way home, I received business call. It was another retail store asking if we'd lower our prices for the luxury brand sleep and lounge wear. I had them call my personal assistant to talk details, in my most positive and friendly voice. When the call ended I scoffed, knowing they were another low end retail store trying to get my goods for cheap.

I spent the next three days finding more and more positive – and sometimes funny – reviews for my show. A few friends and associates rang or emailed to congratulate me on my successful show. Mr Anderson also called, congratulating me, then we made an appointment for our next meeting and I spent Friday morning in his office going over all the legal stuff. We covered everything from contracts to investments and new projects that I wanted to move towards, now that I had finished the fashion show.