Chapter 135 - Coordinated

coordinated
verb
1. bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a harmonious or efficient relationship.
2. match or harmonize attractively.
3. (chemistry) form a coordinate bond to (an atom or molecule).

After classes the next day, Grant, Patricia and I had a meeting with the business manager and security team leader in Liberty Building. We used the conference room on the second floor, the one with the plush leather chairs and long glass table. Coffees were served by one of the assistants then Bob and Peter gave me a run down and update with everything that needed updating about Liberty Building for the past two weeks that I'd been out of commission. I had missed almost everything while running a fashion show and studying full time – yeah, I don't recommend it.

Bob told me that the business tenants were doing well, with only one business ending its lease and moving from Liberty Building, giving their required two months notice as per the lease contract. Another business put in a formal complain against the closing of the café. They were mainly disturbed with the changes and noise from the refurbishments, but Bob managed to sort them out, giving them an invitation to the opening night in a few weeks time. That seemed to settle them. Bob has worked with these small and medium business owners for a few years and knew how to placate them well.

Next up, Peter my chief of security, spoke in more detail about the van heist, the police procedures and changes for the security team and especially the updating of the cameras on the outside of the building. I was pleased to hear Patricia give a few new ideas for the security team, suggestions that would come in really handy for the team and those in the building. We hashed out her ideas and I handed them over to Peter to have a think about them.

Near the end of the meeting, a knock sounded on the door. One of the security team members opened it up to show Mr Anginelli waiting to be invited into the meeting. He spent the last few hours going over the new changes for the building, having come over on his own accord to go over the new fire safety protocols that Bob and his building team had updated.

"Mr Anginelli, please come in. We're happy that you have come to help us out today." I stood up and held out my hand to him in greeting. He shook it briefly.

"Ms Twice. I appreciate the welcome." His ears turned a little red, even as he kept his face neutral. I decided to ignore the incidents from the show and the flowers he sent. No one here needed to know our personal business.

"Please take a seat. You know everyone here, I assume. This is my business team, Grant Hepburn and Patricia Palmers." I pointed to my two assistants, introducing them to Mr Anginelli. He did a double take at Patricia, and I wondered if he knew her from her previous work, or from when her ex-husband black listed her. I saw the briefest frown flicker across his face before he turned back to me and smiled benignly.

"You know Bob Blanchard. This is also our head of security, Peter Montgomery. You may have met him and his team while here on your first visit."

"Yes, good to see you both. Thank you for your team's help during my first inspection, and also this morning. They've been very informative and accommodating." Mr Anginelli shook everyone's hands and sat down next to Bob.

I listened as the more experienced men, Bob and Mr Anginelli, briefly went over the issues that needed updating in the building's new fire safety protocols and procedures and outlined the changes made and any other issues they had. They started moving onto more social chatting after that, but I decided I wasn't interested and I'd heard all I needed to hear from everyone.

"Thank you for today, everyone. I'm happy that everything is going well. Peter, please get me the report for Ms Palmer's ideas and forward it to both of us by the end of the week. Also, go ahead with that security team social event, Grant will give a budget, but I think ten grand should be enough to cover a weekend away for everyone over two shifts." I clapped my hands then stood up. "And I think that is it. See you next time." I nodded to everyone, including Mr Anginelli, then grabbed my bag and left the room, Grant and Patricia following me out.