Chapter 129 - Familial

familial
adjective
1. relating to or occurring in a family or its members.

Rehearsals went really well last night. After the fake show, we sorted out the last minute details, like Jackson's placement on the catwalk, and had all the model's clothing hung up, bagged and named with their accessories in boxes under their hangers. The models went home after we fed them and the technical team a late supper and I was ready to crash. One more sleep to go.

I was sitting in the lounge with Eyva and Grant. Patricia had left with last minute things to sort out. One of the girl's dresses ended up with a lipstick mark on it due to the Jackson Effect, so she had to go find a late night dry cleaner to get it sorted.

Eyva had a DSLR camera and was flicking through photos. I don't know who took the actual pics, but they contained professional quality show images of the models in each of their ensemble for the show. Each model in their complete set of clothing, in robes, out of robes, wearing nighties or pyjamas, or cami and pyjama pants. Half the girls wore kimono robes while the others wore dresses or kaftans. I made sure to mix it up. All of the sets also included their robes so that after the show they could mix and mingle and do the promotional work while wear something decent.

The photos looked really amazing, like my whole art and design had come together in one amazing fashion show. I felt like crying all of a sudden. This was my own project, my own blood, sweat and tears.

"This is really real." I commented as we finished the last of the show photos.

"Yep, and you did this." Grant smiled at me.

"You and the rest of us." Eyva smacked my thigh.

"Ow!" I tried to get her back but she dodged. I was too tired to get up off the couch. "Grant. Carry me to bed?" I asked in a little voice as I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, nearly falling asleep right there and then.

"Tired..." I murmured.

"I've got her." Wallace's voice spoke over top of us.

"Sure thing, Mr O." Grant responded and helped sit me up so Wallace could pick me up. I don't remember much after that.

I woke up the day of my show in my own bed, still wearing last night's casual clothing. When I realised what day it was, I jolted upright then quickly checked the time.

Someone had let me sleep in. It was already eleven in the morning, almost lunch time. The venue opens at 6pm with invitation only guests arriving after that. The show would start at 8pm, finish shortly after 9pm, mingling and sales until ten, kick everyone out and pack down just before midnight. It was going to be a long day and I'd already slept half of it away.

"Who let me sleep in?" I screamed as I opened my bedroom door and ran to the sun room at the end of the hallway for a coffee and pastry that are always available until after lunch.

"Lily, I asked that no one wake you, you needed the sleep." Mum was sitting at the breakfast table with JacJac on the seat next to her.

"Morning, Liwly." JacJac climbed down and ran towards me. I caught him, swung him up into my arms and kissed his forehead.

"How's my Little Cherub this morning?" I asked him then turned to Mum with my brow raised. "No work today?" I asked her. JacJac kissed me back and wiggled to be let down so I placed him down carefully. He ran back to his seat and patted the one next to his. I wasn't planning on sitting, but dashing back for a quick shower and change, but had to change plans.

I ate a quick breakfast with my mum and half brother. We chatted about JacJac's kindy classes and he outlined which friend was doing what.

After that, I had a quick shower and change, then checked my phone for messages and email. Patricia had the lipsticked robe cleaned and back on its hanger backstage. Grant was helping his mum in the catering kitchen but planned to join his dad in helping with the motor pool for the latter part of the afternoon. They had a bunch of cars to move about and relocate off the property.