Funday Saturday

Jordan- 10

Saturdays. It was perfect for the small Voight family. Jordan didn't have school, Justin didn't work his part time job, and occasionally Hank had a rare day off to be with his children.

One early Saturday morning, Jordan woke at her usual time 7 am, she quickly went to the bathroom and did her business. She then kept her pajamas on and ran to her brother's room, her brown hair flying all over as she bounced onto his bed and onto his stomach making him wake up with a groan, he peeked his eye open to see his little sister smiling and giggling.

"Watcha doing kiddo?" Justin asked, his voice a bit groggy.

"It's Saturday. Time for our Saturday morning rituals" Jordan spoke with a smile.

That made the elder man smile, every Saturday morning the two siblings would get up. Justin would make his sister breakfast and they would spend the morning watching cartoons and then play in the backyard.

"What's for breakfast today?"

"Pancakes and eggs"

"Pancakes and eggs it is. Now hop off my stomach before I pee on the bed"

"Eww Justin" She giggled.

"Go get ready"

She hopped off him and the bed and went downstairs, he got up and went to the bathroom to do his business. Finally he went downstairs to see his sister have the pancake mix out and dumping the white powder into a bowl, the dust covering her face and hair.

"Nice look kiddo," Justin told his sister from behind.

She whipped around getting the dust in the air some, before she could say anything she sneezed a couple times. Justin chuckled and went to wipe her face.

"Let's do this"

The two siblings began working on their breakfast, Justin added the water to the mix and stirred it up while his younger sister went and got the eggs. She set the carton on the cabinet and then went back for the juice.

Once Justin had the batter ready he grabbed a pan and buttered it, he poured three small circles onto the pan then turned the heat on and waited for them to cook. He turned to see his sister getting the plates ready along with a couple glasses. Looking back at the pan he saw he had to flip the pancakes before they burnt. Once the first three had been finished he continued making more, he had a feeling with his father not home he was out working on an important case. Most days with their father gone all the time with his job, he felt more like his sister's father.

Justin was lost in his thoughts but snapped out of it when he felt his sister tug on his shirt, he looked down and saw her looking up at him with her big chocolate brown eyes. Eyes that remind him of not only himself but their father.

"What's up kid?"

"Are you alright?"

"I'm just fine, go set up the tv so we'll be ready. How do you want your eggs?"

"Scrambled with cheese"

"Coming up"

Soon Justin had made pancakes with the rest of the remaining batter and made his father a plate putting it to the side. He then started on the eggs. He cracked some into a bowl and stirred them, he poured them into a different pan after putting some butter in it. He dumped the liquid egg in the pan and grabbed the cheese from the fridge. He grabbed the bag of shredded cheese and took a handful sprinkling it on top of the pan of raw eggs. Grabbing a new spatula he turned the heat on and started mixing the cheese in with the eggs.