Getting Better

*Picks up from Winter Crisis*

Jordan- 12 

Late one night in the Voight household, it was dark and quiet. Hank was asleep but he awoke with a start when he heard a scream coming from his daughter, he immediately got up and headed to her room. It's only been a few days since the kidnapping incident and during that time Jordan woke up every night screaming and crying from a nightmare, Hank didn't let her go to school during that time. She'd go to the District with him and stayed there, everyone would look at her and wonder if she's alright.

Jordan was tossing and turning in her sleep, her face was wet from tears and the cold sweat, Hank opened the door and cut the light on then rushed to his little girl. He started to gently shake her.

"Wake up Jo, It's just a dream. You're alright sweetheart just wake up, wake up baby". Hank says.

A moment later the young girl's eyes flew open in a panic, she looked around furiously remembering she's back at home in her room. Her eyes then landed on her father she threw her arms around his midsection and buried her face into his shirt crying.

"Daddy". Jordan sobbed.

"It's alright baby you're safe, shh you're alright. I'm here sweetheart, daddy's got you. Everything's alright now baby". Hank soothed her.

"T-the ma-man...took me...again a-and...locked me in...the shed again...o-only this t-time you c-couldn't find...me".

"Shh Jo it's alright you're safe now sweetheart, it's ok. You're ok".

He rested his chin on the top of her head and just held her as she cried. He held her in a protective hold the entire time, his blood was boiling the one thing he hated more than the criminals on the streets was to see either of his children upset, scared, hurt, any of it. He'd do just about anything to help them through it. At that moment he was ready to take a trip but he let that slide for the moment, at that moment his baby needed him.

After a couple of minutes, Jordan stopped crying but remained in her father's hold afraid that something might happen to her again. She was sniffing as she held on tightly to his shirt.

"I don't want him to come back". Jordan whimpered.

"He won't come back sweetheart I promise". Hank assured his upset daughter.

The young girl slowly started to fall back asleep but would jolt awake, she didn't want to suffer through any more nightmares. Hank saw his little girl and watched as she tried to fight to go to sleep, for the past few nights Jordan would always fight going to sleep so she wouldn't have any nightmares.

"Go to sleep Jo, you're safe baby". Hank says gently.

The twelve-year-old looked up tiredly at her father, her eyes were getting heavy. "Will you stay with me? Please".

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart".

Jordan's eyes grew heavier and heavier till she finally fell back asleep curled into her father's side. Hank had a protective arm wrapped around his little girl as he held her close. That night Hank barely got any sleep, he'd keep checking on Jordan.

He began dozing off, he was in a light sleep before he heard soft whimpering coming from his baby. Jordan was whimpering as another nightmare came on, a scared look was formed on her face the whole time. She gripped her father's shirt tightly.

"Its alright sweetheart it's just a dream, you're ok. I'm here baby". He whispered in her ear.

A couple moments later Jordan calmed down and was alright. She stayed curled next to her father using his shoulder as a pillow. Hank held his baby girl protectively as he finally fell asleep for the night.