Winter Crisis

Jordan- 12 

It was the early set of winter in Chicago and the temperatures were getting a bit brutal. One day Jordan was at school and Hank and the team was in the middle of a bust.

Jay had the battering ram waiting for Hank's command, he looked back to his boss and the older man gave the nod and the Detective rammed the door in busting it down.

"Chicago PD!" Antonio yelled.

The entire team had swarmed in by this point with their weapons raised up, everyone in the house was running around like mice. Hank was the last one in as they began their arrest. Jay and Erin were running after a suspect but the guy ended up taking a few turns and eventually lost the two detectives.

"We lost him". Jay says into the radio.

"Let's head back". Erin says to her partner.

The two started heading back to the house. The gang that they arrested were standing with their hands behind their back being held by the handcuffs. Hank had stayed with them, the leader smirked at the older man.

"You gonna pay for this Voight". Demarcus spoke with a smirk.

"Shut your mouth before I shut it for you". Hank replied.

"I've been meaning to ask Sergeant, how's you're daughter doing? Her name's Jordan right".

After that was said, Hank, then roughly yanked Demarcus up by the front of his shirt getting nose to nose with him, a dark look planted on his face.

"If anything happens to her if she so much as skins her knee I'll skin you". Hank's voice was cold and dangerous.

"Hey, Sarge let him go". Antonio advised him.

Hank continued to glare at the man till he let him go, he put his gun back in his holster before he did something stupid. He went outside to calm down for a moment, he took a couple of deep breaths as he tried to keep his anger at bay. Erin and Jay had arrived back to see their boss outside, Erin saw the look on his face and knew something was wrong.

"Jay why don't you head inside and help the others, I need to talk to Hank". Erin said to her partner.

"Ok". Jay says.

Once Jay went inside Erin walked to her father figure and put a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Hank, you alright?" Erin asked concerned.

"That son of a bitch brought up Jo". Hank said bitterly.

Erin knew that the older man was overprotective when it came to both of his children, she also understood his anger. To even hear the young girl's name brought up was enough to make her blood boil.

"Why don't you go get Jo from school? Spend some time with her, I'm sure you'll feel better. Besides we can handle it from here, go be with Jo".

"You sure you guys got it from here?"

"I'm sure".

The older man had left the house, once he got to his SUV he quickly took off his vest then tossed it in the back he then got in the driver seat and drove down the street heading to pick his daughter up.

As he drove he tried to calm himself he never once liked showing his anger around his little girl, that was one thing he never did. After a ten minute drive, he arrived at his daughter's school and school was letting out for the day. Kids were carefully running to their buses, some were walking home, and others went to their parents.

Jordan was walking out when she saw her father, a smile appeared on her face as she ran to him and crashed into him holding his waist tightly. All the anger that Hank had melted away as he held his baby girl, at that moment knowing she's safe and with him was enough to calm him. The young girl looked at her father and something told her that he was off.