Easter

Jordan- 3

It was early April, one warm spring afternoon Hank had went grocery shopping with Justin and Jordan. Justin decided to carry his sister through the store while their father got the shopping done, when they got to the candy aisle the toddler was fascinated by all of the Easter baskets.

"Justie look at all the pretty baskets". Jordan says.

"They are pretty aren't they". Justin said.

"Do you think if I'm good the Easter bunny will bring me one?"

"As long as you're good".

Hank was nearby and heard the conversation, a smile appeared on his face and an idea popped inside his head. They continued to shop till Jordan saw something to dye eggs.

"Daddy, can we get this?" Jordan asked, pointing at an egg dying kit.

"Sure sweetheart". Hank replied, giving a smile.

He took the egg dying kit off the shelf, after getting a few more things the family headed to check out. They headed out to the car, Justin quickly strapped his sister into her car seat while Hank loaded the car. The father and son knew it was getting close to Jordan's nap so they had to get home soon.

Once back the the house Justin brought his sister inside and turned on cartoons for her, Hank began to bring the groceries in. After all the groceries were brought in and put away, the small family had a quick lunch of grilled cheese and soup. Jordan was beginning to get fussy.

"Jo it's time for a nap". Hank says, bouncing her.

The toddler was still fighting going to sleep, Hank was sitting in the rocking chair in Jordan's room he sat down and began singing to her.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

You never know, dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping

I dreamt I held you in my arms

When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

So I hung my head, and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

You never know, dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy

If you will only say the same

But if you leave me to love another,

You'll regret it all one day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

You never know, dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

Please don't take my sunshine away".

Jordan was fast asleep on her father's shoulder her mouth was slightly open as drool was starting to come from her lip onto his shirt. Hank chuckled as he gently laid her down in her small bed and covered her up.

He quietly left her room going down to the kitchen, he took some eggs put them in a pot of water and began to boil them. Once the eggs were on the stove he then took the eggs dying kit out and began to make the colored watered putting it into the small separate bowls.