Talent Show

Jordan- 11

Jordan was at school when she seen a flyer for the annual school talent show she never went for it because she always got stage fright. Her father, Erin and Justin encourage her to do it but she never did the last time she was on stage for a talent show she froze, she tried to sing but ended up running off stage and swore she'd never do another one again. Taking the flyer she looked at it thinking about it really hard she folded the piece of paper and put it in her backpack. School was now out for the day she walked out of the building the eleven year old scanned the area to see who was gonna pick her up and when she saw her father a huge smiled appeared on her face and ran straight to him.

Ever since Hank was released from prison he'd always pick his little girl up from school when he saw her running to him he'd have the biggest smile ever. Once she was in arm's reach he swept her up hugging her, being away from his little girl the past few months have been utter and complete hell so just to hold her for a few minutes it was everything he kissed her head then set her down.

"Ready to go Jo". Hank says

"Yup". The eleven year old replied.

The two got in the SUV and headed back to their house the entire time Jordan was thinking about doing the talent show but was afraid she might freeze again after that she swore she'd never get in front of another crowd again. Once the father and daughter were back home she went straight to her room and closed her door. Taking a deep breath she began to softly sing.

"Amazing grace

How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now I'm found

Was blind, but now I see".

Hank was heading to his room when he heard singing coming from Jordan's room he got closer but she stopped singing. He remembered when Anna would sing to Jordan when she was a baby, it made him happy that Jordan had a trait from her mother.

Hank was making dinner when Jordan came down from her room holding the piece of paper that held the information for the talent show. She was in the doorway of the kitchen when she saw her father cooking.

"Dad you got a minute". Jordan said.

"Sure sweetheart what's up". Hank says, putting a towel on his shoulder.

"There's this thing at school but I don't know if I wanna do it or not".

"What is it?"

"A talent show, after last time I don't wanna freeze again".

"If you wanna do it Jo go for it, I'll make sure I'm there".

"Can Erin come too?"

"I'm sure she can if you ask her".

The father and daughter then ate dinner that night. By the next day Jordan had somewhat calmed down about the talent show she really wanted to it but and she was going to so she signed up, the eleven year old was excited to tell her father.

The school day was over and it was Erin's turn to pick her up she was outside patiently waiting till her car pulled up. Once she was in the car she strapped herself in.

"Erin are you busy on Friday?" Jordan asked.

"As far as I know I'm free, what's up kiddo". Erin replied.

"There's a talent show and I'm gonna be in it, I was hoping you could maybe come".

"Of course I can come Jo".