Crib to Bed

Jordan- 2

Early one morning Jordan had woken up, the toddler had rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She noticed the house was still quiet which meant her father and brother were still asleep, as carefully as she could she climbed out of her crib holding her beloved stuffed bunny and walked to her father's room. For the past couple of weeks Jordan has been climbing out of her crib without the help of her father and brother.

Jordan was in her father's room and toddled over to him, she climbed up onto his bed and started shaking him.

"Daddy wake up. Wake up daddy". Jordan says shaking her father.

The older man heard his sweet little girl's voice, he then looked over at her. He smiled as her brown hair was all frazzled and she smiled innocently. Then it hit him.

"Jo did Justin get you out of you're crib?" Hank asked his daughter.

"No". Jordan answered.

"So who got you out?"

"Me".

"You climbed out by yourself?"

"Yup".

He looked her over for any injuries and she was fine, he picked her up and carried her down the stairs setting her in her highchair. The older father began cooking breakfast while Jordan was coloring, a few moments later Justin came down scratching his head.

"Morning Pop, morning Jo Jo". Justin greeted his family.

"Morning son". Hank spoke, flipping a pancake.

"Morning Justie". Jordan says.

Hank then looked to his son with a proud smile. "So Justin, looks like Jo needs a big girl bed. She's out growing her crib".

The elder man looked at his little sister with a proud smile. "You're growing up Jo Jo".

"I'm a big girl". Jordan stated proudly.

"Yes you are". Hank tells her.

The small family ate breakfast, once the dishes were put in the dishwasher they all headed upstairs to get dressed. Hank decided to get his little girl a toddler bed that day, he couldn't believe that she had already outgrown her crib it seemed only yesterday that she was first put in it.

He quickly got his little girl dressed in a light green princess tank top with a pair of white shorts then put on her white sneakers, he managed to put her hair up in a small ponytail some of her hair came out but it managed to stay up.

Once she was dressed he then got dressed, he wore a simple red shirt with jeans and his boots, the older man decided not to carry his gun this time around. Hank carried Jordan down the stairs and saw that his son was dressed, he grabbed his keys and the family headed out.

Justin strapped his baby sister in her car seat and sat in the back with her, Hank drove and they headed to the nearest Walmart. As the older man drove he looked in the rear view mirror to see his children laughing and joking, the entire time he had a smile on his face.

They arrived to the local Walmart, Justin had held onto his sister's hand the whole time. Hank had gotten a cart and wanted to put Jordan in it but she refused.

"I wanna walk, I'm a big girl". Jordan spoke.

"Alright, stay with Justin now". Hank tells her.

"Ok".

The toddler held onto her brother's hand as they walked into the store. The family walked through the store until they found where the beds are. Jordan let go of her brother's hand and started to explore around but made sure to stay in sight of her father and brother.