Father's Day

Jordan- 5

It was Father's day and Hank was sound asleep, Jordan was wide awake she tiptoed from her room to Justin's room. The five year old quietly moved to her brother's bed and began shaking him.

"Justin. Justin wake up, wake up Justin". Jordan says, shaking her brother.

"What is it Jo Jo?" Justin replies, half asleep.

"We gotta get breakfast started for daddy".

Justin then realized that he was gonna help his sister surprise their father with breakfast in bed along with a couple gifts and cards. He got up stretched then picked his sister up, they quickly checked and saw their father still asleep. The siblings quietly made their way to the kitchen.

After a moment in the kitchen Justin pulled out the eggs, bread, bacon, and some other stuff. He took a large bowl and began cracking the eggs he then let Jordan stir them. Once the eggs were all stirred he then poured them into a frying pan with a little butter, Jordan then put two pieces of bread in the toaster. The five year old then poured 3 glasses of orange juice.

The eggs were finished and Justin set them on three plates, he then started the sausage. After a few more minutes the whole breakfast was finished and the dishes were put in the dishwasher, carefully Justin sat a plate of the food on a tray along with a hot cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. The elder man carefully took his time going up the steps just as Jordan was behind him carrying 2 cards and a box. Jordan quietly slipped from around her brother and went straight to her father's door and went inside.

"Wake up daddy! It's time to wake up!" Jordan yells excitedly.

Hank awoke to hearing his young daughter, he wiped the sleep from his eyes, he saw his son holding a tray of food and Jordan carrying a box with two cards on top. Jordan then got next to her father.

"Happy Father's Day, daddy". Jordan says, hugging her father.

"Thank you sweetheart". Hank said, returning the hug.

Justin sat the tray down on the nightstand and hugged his father. "Happy Father's day, Pop".

"Thank you Justin".

"We made you breakfast daddy". Jordan chirped.

"I see sweetheart".

Once the breakfast was eaten Jordan then gave her father the box and the two cards, Hank smiled and took one of the cards. When he read it, it was written in Jordan's hand writing.

Happy Father's day to the best daddy in the whole world.

Dear, Daddy. Happy Father's day. You're the best daddy ever, you're our Batman because you always protect us from the bad guys. You're strong like Superman. No matter where we go in life you'll always be our daddy. Love Justin and Jordan.

Hank had a couple tears in his eyes and wiped them and hugged his little girl again. "I love it sweetheart, thank you".

"You're welcome daddy".

"Happy Father's day Pop". Justin said, giving his father another hug.

The rest of the day Hank had a huge smile on his face, he was glad to have his children in his life. They would always be his whole world