Scared

*Picks up from Break In*

Jordan- 8

Late one night in the Voight household it was dark and quiet through the house, all of a sudden a loud cry had startled Hank awake. When he realized the crying was coming from his little girl he ran from his room to her room, Jordan was tossing and turning in her bed while crying she then sat up in her bed and cried for her father.

"D-D-Daddy!" Jordan cried.

A second later Hank ran inside the room to see his baby girl crying uncontrollably and reaching her arms out for him, Hank immediately brought her into his arms holding her tightly he then began rocking her back and forth.

"Shh Jo, shh sweetheart it's ok it's alright. Everything's alright baby shh it's ok, I'm here sweetheart daddy's here. Daddy's got you sweetheart, you're safe". Hank soothed her.

He gently rubbed her back soothingly and stroked her hair back, Jordan gripped her father's shirt tightly in her small fist afraid he might disappear.

"I-I don't want t-the ba-bad men to come back". Jordan whimpered.

"They're not gonna come back baby they're in jail, they won't ever hurt you or scare you again I promise".

By this point Justin was standing by his sister's door hearing her cry and hold onto their father, it was all enough to break him. He went downstairs and started to drink a beer.

Jordan remained in the safety of her father's arms she had stopped crying and sniffed for a couple minutes. There was a huge damp spot on Hank's shirt that came from her crying he didn't mind at all.

"Wanna talk about it sweetheart?" Hank asked.

"T-the bad m-men came back and t-they hurt us". Jordan replied softly.

Hank held his little girl tighter to him and gently stroked her hair back and kissed the top of her head. "Don't worry baby they won't ever hurt or scare us again I put them in jail they won't get out".

Jordan was slowly going back to sleep but jolted awake, the eight year old was losing her fight to sleep but she fought it hard and Hank had noticed.

"Go to sleep baby I'm not going anywhere, you're safe. Nobody's gonna hurt you".

After a moment Jordan's eye grew heavier and heavier till she was fast asleep, her breathing had evened out. Hank had noticed her grip on his shirt loosened so just as he was trying to lay her down her hands gripped his shirt a little as she sensed she was being moved so he laid next to her and she curled into his side.

Hank laid wide awake for an hour and a half once he knew it was alright to move he carefully slipped out of her bed and she turned on her side holding her stuffed rabbit close to her chest. He kissed her head then left the room, just as he was going to go to his room the older man had seen the kitchen light was on so he went to go check.

Justin was on his sixth beer and he was feeling a little buzzed, he kept wiping his eyes from the tears that were building in his eyes but soon after they began to fall. As Hank got closer to the kitchen he heard soft sobbing he then entered the kitchen to see his son sobbing and beer bottles on the table.

"Justin what's wrong son?" Hank asked.

"I-I screwed up Pop and n-now Jo Jo is scared to death". Justin cried, his word slurring.

"You didn't screw up and what happened isn't your fault".

"It might as well be!"

"Lower your voice, I just got Jo back to sleep".