The Dilemma

Jordan- 8

It was a sunny day in the city of Chicago. One afternoon Justin was with his younger sister at the skate park as she was trying out her new skateboard. She had begged and begged her father for one for moth, Hank was unsure about it he didn't want her to do something on it and get herself hurt but the eight year old assured him she'd be fine.

Jordan was still learning how to ride it with her brother's help, once she got the hang of it he let her do it by herself. When she picked up her speed a little Justin almost freaked.

"Jo slow down a bit, I don't want you to fall". Justin called to his sister.

"Ok". Jordan replied back.

The entire time Justin had kept his eyes glued to his sister hoping she doesn't fall, his phone started to ring he looked back to his sister and saw that she was fine and he answered his phone.

While he was on the phone he didn't notice his sister was trying a flip on the board, Jordan was attempting to do a flip but ended up losing her balance and she fell face first into the ground.

When Justin heard his sister scream and cry out in pain he hung his phone up and rushed to her. By the time he got to his sister she was a mess, she had a busted lip that was bleeding badly, she was holding her left wrist, and she was crying hysterically.

"It's alright Jo Jo, I promise". Justin tries to calm her.

"I-it h-hurts Ju-Justie". Jordan sobbed.

He then picked her up and carried her to the car, he put her in the front seat and buckled her in. He threw the skateboard in the back then got in the driver seat. The whole time as he was driving he glanced to see his sister crying in pain.

"It's gonna be ok Jo Jo, I promise".

"I-I want da-daddy".

"I'll call dad once we get to the hospital".

They arrived to the hospital, Justin rushed around and got his sister he effortlessly picked her up and cradled her to his chest holding her protectively. Jordan stopped crying but now she whimpered and whined in pain she used her good hand to grip her brother's shirt, her face was buried into his shirt.

He rushed into to the ER of Lakeshore hospital, when a nurse had seen him.

"Sir what seems to be the problem". The lady said.

"It's my sister, she fell. She got a busted lip and it's her wrist". Justin replied shakily.

"What's her name?"

"Jordan but she'll answer to Jo".

"Jo sweetie my name's Ashley, I'm gonna take you to a doctor now".

"Can my brother stay with me?" Jordan asked.

"Of course".

They then brought Jordan to a room, Justin sat on the bed his sister still in his arms. He brushed her hair back from her forehead, he kissed her temple. The entire time guilt washed over him, in his mind it was his fault his sister was in the hospital. If he had been watching her and wasn't on the phone they wouldn't be there.

"Justie". Jordan whispered.

"What is it Jo Jo". Justin replied.

"Can we call daddy?"

"Yeah, I'll call him soon".

"Erin too?"

"Yeah, her too".

Just then a doctor had came in and sanitized his hands. "Hi, I'm Dr. Robinson. I'm here to see Jordan".

Carefully Justin unwrapped his sister from his hold setting her on the bed, he stood by her in a protective manner. He looked to the elder Voight then back to the eight year old.